ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying splitter and grille

435D X-Drive
My splitter and grille have faded to a nasty grey colour and I was just wondering if I have an attempt at spraying these will they will turn out ok?

I will be going for a matt black, so any help or past experience would be great.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Get some turtle wax black in a flash... All of my plastics were grey with white wax marks :( the turtle was brought them up amazingly :)... I may have gone overboard by using it on the inside too lol

435D X-Drive
Does this not seem temporary though? A few miles later they seem to be grey again to me.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Satin blacked mine about 4 months ago and still look like new

You can get that GTechnic trim restorer stuff thats meant to be semi permenant. Last for years iirc.
Maybe that's worth a shot? Have a read in the detailing section, sure there's some recent threads about it in there somewhere.

Seat Ibiza
You can get that GTechnic trim restorer stuff thats meant to be semi permenant. Last for years iirc.
Maybe that's worth a shot? Have a read in the detailing section, sure there's some recent threads about it in there somewhere.

Its very good stuff, seen it used once, and it still looks like a new trim panel.