ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sprayed My 2 Front Grills On mY 197 :)

Albi Blue 197
Tonight i took my front bumper off to replace a sidelight and a headlight. While it was off i remembered that the other day i was looking at my front grills thinking that they seemed pretty dull in that basic gray plastic colour, so from colour coding my old zetec s, i decided to spray my 2 front grills with the spray paint that was left over.

Here's how they come out...

2zgg3vc.gif

Let me know what you think :)

Albi Blue 197
Yeah i used 2 types of wet and dry, (230 and 420 i think?) Then i done 3 coats of prima, 3 coats of the metalic black paint and glossed them over once. Im really happy with the way the've come out and there now back on the bumper :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They look better if you just make the textured black mate. More OE rather than flatttening them and doing them gloss. Imo of course.

They're more likely to stick out like a sore thumb now.

Albi Blue 197
Yeah i get what your saying there mate, you either like them being a dull matt black look, or a shiny gloss black look. Thats an opinion. But i personally think flattening them and glossing them up give these grey plastics a better paint finish as they have that rough surface on them to start with.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
imo satin black works well too as it has a slight shine but doesnt show all the imperfections that gloss might. but regardless, im sure they look loads better than the horrible oem grey plastic colour that was on there before.

Albi Blue 197
Heres the end result. Im happy with them :) - Pic was taking by a blackberry so its not the clearest of pictures lol....

zmqhf.gif