ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spotted liquid yellow 182 crashed

172 phase 1
Spotted this whilst at work, i work as a mechanic and do mobile diagnostics, whilst at a job over middlesbro way i spotted a liquid yellow 182 with rear end damage, it was a 54plate with ktec exhaust and cliosport stickers in window and lowered on anthracite turinis

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
May have been ClioDS's LY, used to belong to a guy named Tommy_C iirc. Only one local with Turini's that i know off.

Such a shame if it was as it was a stunning example :dapprove:

Megane Sport F1 :)
Yeah is mine mate :( some t**t smashed into the back of me and it looks like its guna be a write off :( :( :(

Thanks guys! I really am devastated,only had it about 6 weeks aswell. Il find out this week if it's a write off but my gut felling is that it is :( my plan if it is a write off is to get another one for sure though,love them...

GW200
Aww man, gutted for you mate. Was looking forward to getting some pics
If its a write off, any chance I could sneak the front bumper away without anyone noticing ;)

Aww man, gutted for you mate. Was looking forward to getting some pics
If its a write off, any chance I could sneak the front bumper away without anyone noticing ;)

Well if it's a write off I may be able to buy it back and then break the car for parts so il reserve the bumper for you lol!

E85 3.0i
Sorry just seen your message mate as I said im in Italy phone must be buggering about.

Words cannot describe how gutted I am :-( after 2 years of keeping it mint!!!

Hope it's good news but rear ended clios rarely end well.

Ged

PD130 Peach
well driver who hit you can hardly say he did not see you, pretty hard to miss a LY! Hate seeing a thread title like this :(

Well iv just been informed my clio is a complete write off because it's in excess of £4,500 to repair. I am honestly devastated!!! :(

330i. E30 Touring.
Well iv just been informed my clio is a complete write off because it's in excess of £4,500 to repair. I am honestly devastated!!! :(

Buy it back and break it.

Good news is you'll get pretty good money as a payout because they still sell for good money in LY.

Focus RS + S3
very sad to hear :(
if you were to break it i think you would havea lot of interest :)
i.e. me lol
(no vulture intended)

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Ahh sorry to hear about this.

I'd ask for a copy of the engineers report they used to write it off, and use it to get a price on fixing it as it sounds like it was a very well looked after motor. Having had an insurance company tell me a car I had pranged needed £3500 worth of repairs I got a payout of £2.5k for the car, bought it back for £495 intending to break it and ended up getting it fixed for £500... £1500 remaining paid for a lovely holiday lol! Especially as its obvious you were planning on keeping it for a good while longer! :)

172 phase 1
Its the way the full boot has pulled out on the ns that concerned me, but i don't think it would cost a great deal to repair, sure i spoke to you at rs tuning when it made 175hp

Rb Clio 182
Buy it back and break it.

Good news is you'll get pretty good money as a payout because they still sell for good money in LY.

Hi there no you wont i got pennies for mine they offered me £2400 for it lol they look at it as not many were sold so not many people wanted them so there not worth as much as a silver or what eva cause more of them were sold so more people want them haha wat a load of crap i said it toke me weeks to get wa i wanted .

Its the way the full boot has pulled out on the ns that concerned me, but i don't think it would cost a great deal to repair, sure i spoke to you at rs tuning when it made 175hp

Sorry mate but how do you know so much about my car?

Just realised you were the guy that started this spotted thread.....FAIL by me lol

2004 Clio 182 cup
sorry to hear that a great example of a beautiful car is on its way to the scrap. try and buy it back might be cheaper than you thought to get it back and repair it

The roads round here are terrible, not hard to get rear ended as no one knows where they are going, and its generally full of idots.

my girlfriend has trouble driving round here as she learnt to drive in york, and she doesnt understand that we sort of have to make our own routes, this caught her out on the a19 flyover.

Sorry to here about your LY

R26/200 Raider
A survey done recently by motor insurers showed Middlesbrough as an injury claim hotspot!

If you go down the 'BUY IT BACK' road, then I can recommend a fantastic bodyshop in the Teesside area. They will do it at a fraction of the cost of the main stealers and I guarantee the job will be of outstanding quality.

A survey done recently by motor insurers showed Middlesbrough as an injury claim hotspot!

If you go down the 'BUY IT BACK' road, then I can recommend a fantastic bodyshop in the Teesside area. They will do it at a fraction of the cost of the main stealers and I guarantee the job will be of outstanding quality.

That doesn't surprise me there are a lot of people round here who will grab every penny they get, the bloke my girlfriend gently sideswiped got out the car screaming and shouting waving his arms around, then a week later he was crippled with whip lash without seeking medical attention.

Is it a bad rear end job eg boot floor creased, or just cosmetic ?

2004 Clio 182 cup

is that where you work?