ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spluttering/misfiring

Mondeo
Hi all,

When I first start off with a cold engine, my Mk2 Sport 172 seems to struggle somewhat. If I put my foot down it seems to lack power and nothing happens, bit like I've only got three cylinders, but when I give it some more right pedal she suddenly leaps off and gains full power. If I gently lift off again I suddenly slow down as though I've comletely taekn my foot of. It feel all or nothing. Once she's warmed up, all seems to be fine again.

Any ideas?

Cheers H

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
does it have the acoutsic valve still in it?

after i took mine off it runs flat as a fart untill its done a few 100 hundred meters. the revs seem to stick at about 2k, then eventually they free and its all good again.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Mine was exaclty the same.. until new plugs :D... runs sweeeet now ;) , been told there ment to be good for 72,000 but mine were fudged at 52,000 :dapprove:

1998 BMW e46 323i
spluttering is normal when cold and the accelerator is like an on/off switch, misfiring isn't.

It's been covered elsewhere on the forum, the cold starts are hampered by emissions restrictions.

I changed my plugs at 60+ and it made a small improvement, not much.

LY 182
it sort of bogs down and then you can ride it out? had exactly the same thing mate couldnt figure it out for months as soon as it warmed up it ran perfect.
never missfired as such is just bogged down as soon as it got higher up the revs as if you switched the ignition off then would cut back in, as said when warm its fine.

very recently it started missfiring like a gooden and it was the coilpack.. fitted a new one and its now rectified both faults.

reckon the coil packs been on its way out for a while then suddenly lost one cylinder

id give that a go

PH2 172
Mine does this 2 u just need to drive below 3k until it warms up then it will be fine it will splutter just let it do it im going to change my plugs very soon to any suggestions on what plugs