ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spluttering Help - Yes I have Searched...

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Hello have the age old problem of a spluttering clio
Basically up to around 2.5k revs if put foot down car splutters and misfires a little bit (not good)
Also ocassionaly seems to pop slightly when I heel and toe which it never did before so maybe overfueling?

Also noticed today once warmed up it sometimes seems to struggle at 5k + i.e. it doesnt kick like it used to and feel like something is pulling it back of that makes sense so yeah basically it is fucked

Any idea what problem this could be I have ordered a new coil pack but not sure if thats correct. Heard it could be spark plugs or lambada sensor or an o2 sensor but is they any way of working out what it is? I can change the coil pack and manage the plugs not sure about the lambada myself but just wondered it they was a way of working out what it is without buying s**t loads of parts :/

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Must add doesnt always do the 5k+ thing where it seems to struggle just sometimes
Could it be the TDC centre not sure if symptons fit basically splutters below 2k and at 5k+ sometimes seems to struggle when warm. Thinking to change the coilpack at the weekend and do the TDC thing not sure how to fault find after that though :/

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Bump Please Help :)

As an update spluttering seems to have cleared up okay lower down does occasionaly and not as bad. However when coldish car revs freely up to 7k (only done this occasionally to test) but once warm after about 5k i.e. when cam kicks in doesnt really went to rev like feels held back as if its not getting enough fuel or whatever. Any idea what this could be? I tried a new coilpack did f**k all so thats £40 wasted doing the plugs at the weekend but not sure where to go from there if they dont do anything...

One friend has suggested it could be the MAF but I am really not sure not keen on keep buying parts that wont fix it...