ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitter .............

Maz

LY 200
Is hanging off in the middle :S

Anyone know how these are held on ??? ..

Can't/wont nip to my local renault cause they are tossers and wont look at it cause they will say ...... its cause it is lowered :mad:

Can anyone help please ?

Maz :eek:

Maz

LY 200
don't mean to sound dumb but I am female .. wtf ... do you tap with a hammer or srew with a screwdriver... ;) lol

Maz :)

Maz

LY 200
Thanks Guys ... do I need to jack it up to be able to do this ??

Why is everything car related hard work ... :( lol

Maz

LY 200
Right .. cheers for that ..

Hmmmmmmm this should be an interesting experiment, I don't even know where the screwdriver is kept in my house ... lmfao..

Maz

LY 200
Lol @ Has ... that would be too simple .. my step dad is in charge of all the tools in our house ..

;) lmfao ..

Maz

LY 200
Nope ... lol

Awwwww well ... will just have to hope it doesn't fall off and get lost in between now and my step dad getting home on Friday ..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Hehehe

It will still be stuck on with the other screws so it shudnt come off !!!

Just dont tap any more kerbs before then ;)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Well if u tap a kerb like this then id worry :p

Attachments

• 104881_2mg.jpg
    104881_2mg.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Let me guess - when you say 'hanging off in the middle' - you mean off to the left hand side as you're stood in front of the car?

They all seem to do it. My '54 plate is like that. Jain's '05 plate didn't come with the splitter initially, but after it was fitted by Reno, it hangs off slightly - exactly at the same point mine does!

Mad Frenchies - can't even curve a piece of plastic correctly....

D.

Maz

LY 200
Nah ..it deffo wasn't like that .. lol I would have noticed .. think I must have knocked it ..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ u can easily nip it on a kerb without noticing !!

That causes it to loosen up in the middle as it sticks out the furthest there.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine is screwed on in about 16 places, no budging the little bugger, on the downside though, if I ever clip a kerb it will take the whole of the front of the car with it :)

Maz

LY 200
Has .. I meant I have/must have hit someting as it was not like that before .. lol I was trying to explain that in my reply to Darrens ..

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I hit a baby bunny rabbit 2 days after I got the car and it ripped the splitter off in the middle. I just screwed it back up again a little further than it must of been because it holds fine now. You won't need to jack it up if you use a short screwdriver but you're car is lowered now isn't it? So you might need to jack it up :)

Maz

LY 200
Think I will need to jack it up ... lol

What type of screwdriver will I need ?? philips ??