ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Split rear disc

Clio Trophy
Ok as the title says. Left work tonight to a woomping sound. Instant thought flat tyre. So pulled over and checked but all looked fine so 200yards up the road took it into petrol station to check pressures. Yip they are all fine. Back out onto the road and woomp woomp woomp. now im scratching my head. Out and walk around car. no obv signs so i start to look more in detail in and around each wheel area.

Bingo. Rear passenger side brake disc split from edge all the way into the hub. Completly shat a brick. I bought the discs from colin 2 months ago from west renault so genuine parts. I got them fitted by my mate who is a Fully time served mechanic.

We are both wondering how this could have happened as the pistons etc are fine.

So what i want to know is, they are covered by the 12month warranty. Can i ask renault to replace and fit these for me due to the failure of there parts free of charge?

225 Cup & Williams
Must be a faulty disc then. I would like to think renault would replace it foc but then again it's renault.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It does seem strange for a brake disc to fail like that , especially after only 2 months . Your best bet would be to contact West Renault tbh mate .

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Wow, this is rear unless overheated and insta-cooled. 100% sure the handbrake aint been left on at all?

i had 1 do the exact same thing last year, took them off and took them in 2 Tom as he was still doing it back then and they exchanged it there and then for a new set

Clio Trophy
i can see its not a one of problem them. and never heard it on any other car. so makes me think faulty batch. air bubble in disc possibly. have sent wests a pm and also send an email to my local renault dealer. i cant afford to have car off road. i need it as i am a bus driver so how can i get to work haha...

hope renault are willing to change them over for me free of charge under there warranty

i can see its not a one of problem them. and never heard it on any other car. so makes me think faulty batch. air bubble in disc possibly. have sent wests a pm and also send an email to my local renault dealer. i cant afford to have car off road. i need it as i am a bus driver so how can i get to work haha...

hope renault are willing to change them over for me free of charge under there warranty

i only noticed it as i was blowing up my tyre's lol, just had to buy new discs from ECP as i needed it sorting there and then and didn't want to drive any further on them, Tom looked at the disc and then went and spoke to the warranty guys and 5 mins later i was walking out with a new set

Clio Trophy
Renault just off phone. Caused by excess heat from brake pads. Saying they had no copper grease and no pin kit on them which is b****cks. Going to watchdog. They want 300 quid for new discs and pads. Il let them fix it then pursue it through watchdog. Car does 10mile per day on a flat road with no heavy braking or that. So the discs have obv got a fault. Car had done half a mile then they split.

ouch!!!, i removed them and just took the disc direct to Tom @ Wests after i'd called and mentioned the issue, that's the problem with other Renault places as they'll just be wanting to get out of it where as Tom wanted to help out as much as he could