ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spigot Rings

S2000

What exactly are these? I believe that they are to fill the gap between the hub and the central bore of the wheel but Im not 100% on where they are put. Do they just sit on the hub itself?

Are they always needed when fitting alloys? I have some new alloys ariving later today but Im not sure whether there is a gap between the hub and the wheel - is there a certain allowable gap before a spigot ring is needed?

Thanks.

you normally get the spigot rings with your new wheels , wheel manufacturers make the wheels to fit other makes of car and the rings make up the difference on the hub diameter, the rings will fit into the wheel , there is a cutout for them to go into , you need to fit the rings or the wheel moves on the hub . hope this helps m8 .

brian

S2000

thanks mate. Ill see if it comes with them as I bought the wheels off ebay but they were on a clio previously so Ill hope they come with them.

If they are not with them is it likely that I could get them somewhere like halfords?

My OZ Super Ls had spigot rings, but I lost one and never bother with the other 3.

The wheel nuts hold em in tight enough

Skoda Fabia vRS

depending on what wheels they are, they might not need em, some of the wheels we get at work (Motor World) come machined to 60.1 Renault fit, and its the other makes that need the rings

what wheels are they

by the way most are plastic, but TSW and Wolfrace are metal, Wolfrace metal ones have a lip on the edge of em

S2000

The wheels are Fox Evo 3 alloys. They were originally on a clio so I am hoping that they will not need spigot rings but I will wait and see. They were supposed to arrive today but, after waiting in the house all day, they didnt arrive so now Ill have to wait till tomorrow.

Do you know if these sometimes come in the renault fitment by any chance?

LiquidPhoto.co.uk

still need some for mine, it only had two on before i got them refurbed,
15" oz super ts

can you get them brun?

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by TomAllen on 06 September 2005

still need some for mine, it only had two on before i got them refurbed,
15" oz super ts

can you get them brun?
yea but then id have to post em to you, go into your local Motor World and they can order em in for you

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by donsrno1 on 06 September 2005

Do you know if these sometimes come in the renault fitment by any chance?
not sure to be honest, if you get em and they dont have any spigots, ring somewhere like Demon Tweeks or Wheelbase and ask, they will more than likely be able to tell you straight away, as the wheel section at Tweeks, thats all they deal with all day