ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo dropping on motorway and slight juddering

Clio 172 2001 ph1
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had the same/similar problems.

On the motorway (hasnt happened below 70) at some point in the journey the speedo drops to 0 for usually the whole journey until I come to a stop and pull away again, then it has been fine so far until I get up to 70 ish again where it is temperamental.

Also in higher gears at lower revs the car has a slight judder as if misfiring or skipping a beat. And before you say it, no I am not running the engine to basically a stall point. For example it happens in 4th at about 25-30mph when you put your foot down.

Plugged a diagnostic machine in and it says knock sensor issue. However every thread I have read on here points to it being the speedo sensor. Can anyone shed any light? Going to re-diagnose tonight as last time I deleted the code to see what happened and it still carried on.

Thanks

Renault Clio 172 cup
Wit regards the speedo , I have the same problem and like yourself various threads have pointed to the speedo sensor, something I will be changing asap.

The misfire could obviously be a number of things... are you using good fuel 97 upwards? , have you changed your air filter lately?, are you running standard HT leads? etc etc.

Clio 172 2001 ph1
Wit regards the speedo , I have the same problem and like yourself various threads have pointed to the speedo sensor, something I will be changing asap.

The misfire could obviously be a number of things... are you using good fuel 97 upwards? , have you changed your air filter lately?, are you running standard HT leads? etc etc.

Some useful info in this thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...edo-dropping-on-motorway-and-slight-juddering (I posted in 2 sections)

Thanks I will check all of those at the weekend. I have only had it a month so havent checked anything over yet.