ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo dial wobbly on old clio

Dci 100
Just been to view a '97 1.9 diesel clio to use as a cheap run about inbetween now and when i get my new place, and while i was test driving it the speedo dial was wobbling up and down, so much it was hard to tell the exact speed you were travelling, the accelerator cable also felt stiff, but thats probably a different problem

my main worry was the speedo, isn't that an indication that its been tampered with at some point?

Dci 100
really, thats alright then, is there much chance of it snapping?

I had '91 valver for a few years and the speedo dial never wobbled, but if its just the cable thats not so bad, i expect they are ticky to repalce, arent they connected to the gearbox somwhere?

Dci 100
cool, cheers Dan, might get it then, dont seem to bad, a bit tractor like, few scratches and bubbles but with long MOT and 6mths tax, for £500 cant complain.

LY 182
or diff end float - knackered thrust races causing diff to float side to side +cause fluctuations in speedo dial