ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedlines vs 200 Cup Wheels??

5512583925_51d0d104cd_z.jpg

IMG_0356 by Harpham y0, on Flickr
This is how my car looks atm.

May be a no brainer for you guys, but basically I may have the chance to do a straight swap for my wheels for some black Speedlines (maybe even some pennies my way, as this guys tyres have been used for more miles). The guy seems like he really wants some Cup wheels.
Should I do it?

Aslong as his wheels are absolutely mint and his tyres arent ridiculously worn, I am tempted. I just cant decide whether to do it as I like the look of how my 200 is atm.

Do the Speedlines have different offsets or anything btw?

Oh and pics of an RB 200 on Speedlines wouldnt go a miss. Not Wests Renault's though as ive seen his and the black spoiler means I can envisage them on my car properly. Sounds weird dont I lol.

Have they got the same offset etc?

The one thing I dont like about my Cup wheels is that they look a little lost in the rear arch, so hoping that the Speedlines have an offset to make them stick out a little more ;)

I think those tyres will still only have like 5-6k on them, so they'll still be pretty mint anyway at a guess.

Ill save getting some R888's for some potential track wheels ;)

^ LOL... One thing that is making me a bit wary is that if these wheels are as amazing as everyone makes out, why is this guy so desperate to swap for some Cup wheels?

Waiting for the guy to get back to me with pics of wheels.

Im not even going to think of swapping unless his are in absolute mint condition. Any marks on them = No Deal.

Meh, if it's an absolute steal then go for it, can always sell them on again if you don't like them. Wouldn't go out of my way for a set though, I just sprayed my cup wheels gloss black to match the other bits and think it looks awesome.

Confused me too, but I thought that I may have been calling you by the wrong name ;)

LOL, I was reading it too and though. Im sure it's tom, have I been calling him tom when his names richard. Glad that mess is cleared up.

OP. Just do it. if you dont like them sell them on and buy the others back and you'll probably make some £££ from it ;)

Clio 197
Wheel specs are the same. Someone did suggest that the Speedies are actually a touch heavier than the 12 spokes, not sure about the 5 spokes.

Meh, if it's an absolute steal then go for it, can always sell them on again if you don't like them. Wouldn't go out of my way for a set though, I just sprayed my cup wheels gloss black to match the other bits and think it looks awesome.

Thats another factor aswell. He lives quite a way from me, so it will be a case of if he's willing to travel down to me, as im not willing to travel down to him. If he wants these 5 spokes bad enough, then he wont mind. ;)

Oh dear. Stick with the standard alloys, not the Sheeplines.

That's another factor aswell. Dont want to become a sheep. Cup Spoiler + Speedlines = Baaaahhh.

But, in the same respect, most RB 200's ive seen have got the 5 spokes rather than the Speedlines. Only seen the 2 in this thread with the Speedlines. Seen about 100000 with Standards.

Something Not French
But, in the same respect, most RB 200's ive seen have got the 5 spokes rather than the Speedlines. Only seen the 2 in this thread with the Speedlines. Seen about 100000 with Standards.

Untrue, every 200 (other than mine) I've seen has Sheeplines.

5522129781_f1dcb8bc83_b.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about the whole 'sheep' thing. They are popular because they look good. It's a rare car anyway so it's a moot point. Sticking with the standard rims is hardly unique, and they're pretty rubbish looking wheels. Do it, and f**k what anyone on CS thinks about it. The guys with a sheep complex are clearly sheep. Get what you like.