ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline Turini

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Did the standard speedline turini that came on the clio 182 trophy come with the small speedline corse sticker round the edge of it from new ?

Where these put on all 4 wheels from the factory ?

Can anyone confirm this or has anyone bought a new wheel from renault that they can take a picture of?

I know that if you buy the speedline turini from speedline or another aftermarket website you are prob going to get the sticker as standard but im looking to see if it came right from the renault factory on the wheel

No don't think the ones that came from Renault had any stickers at all.
Just the Renault Centre cap. Centre of wheel is slightly different shape too I think. Certainly centre caps are different.

172 Cup
No they didnt come on either 172 cup Turini's nor on Trophy Turini's from Renault. You only get those stickers on them when you buy from speedline/speedline dealer ;)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Got this e-mail from speedline as there are trophy owners saying that they have the speedline logo round there wheels and yet i have never seen one on a trophy.

Hello Marc,
thanks for your enquiry. Yes, the Trophy was a special edition for the UK market, built by Renault Sport in the Dieppe Alpine plant.
The wheel was the well known Turini ( Type 2120 ) wheel, made to the official Renault homologation standard.
The specification was 7x16 ET45, anthracite colour. The original equipment wheels for this special edition were produced with the Speedline Corse logo on the rim ( as the aftermarket version ) but also another subtly different version of the same wheel was made for Renault Sport as an accessory item.
The accessory version had the Renault Sport logo on the rim. We can supply our aftermarket version of the wheel, in 7x16 anthracite colour, in two different offsets. ET40 and ET35.The other key differences between the aftermarket and Renault Sport versions are Centre Cap - Original Renault item v our Speedline Corse aftermarket item.
Centre bore - The centre bore on the aftermarket versions is “universal”, requiring our fitted aluminium spigot rings to provide correct location. Whereas the OE versions were a direct centre bore, no spigot ring required.
Hope that helps Marc.

Kind regards
Chris

Chris Jordan S.L. Corse Ltd

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Got this e-mail from speedline as there are trophy owners saying that they have the speedline logo round there wheels and yet i have never seen one on a trophy.

Just because you have not seen a Trophy with them on does not mean they did not come with them. The CT site contains seven years of info confirming they had the decal from new and owners of seven years saying it as well that you have ignored. How do you think they got there? Some kind of decal fairy perhaps.
For information, you can only get the Trophy Speedlines (with single decal opposite the valve) from Renault themselves.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just because you have not seen a Trophy with them on does not mean they did not come with them. The CT site contains seven years of info confirming they had the decal from new and owners of seven years saying it as well that you have ignored. How do you think they got there? Some kind of decal fairy perhaps.
For information, you can only get the Trophy Speedlines (with single decal opposite the valve) from Renault themselves.

If you go and read the post on the CT forum you will see i left an apology for being wrong aswell as quote the e-mail there also. Im not one for believing everything i read on the internet so i wnated to find out for myself ;)