ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline 2118 Offset question....

172 Cup SOLD
Looking at getting 15x7 2118's for the cup. It's currently sitting on a H&R Mark Fish Setup, Yoz has suggested going for offset of ET43 as it's lowered as usual offset is ET38, can anyone explain why this is the case? I don't doubt what he's said all, just want to see what others have done and there reasoning and choice behind this.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well the cup has a wider track due to the wheels (ET38.5, Normal 172's are ET43 or 45 i cant remember) if you increase the offset it gives you more wheel travel within the arch to avoid rubbing and other related issues. Especially when lowering.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
I recently bought a set in 15x7 ET38. I'm using 205/50/15 Toyo R888s and when lowered on Bilstein B14 coilovers (as below) there is very slight rubbing under very hard cornering until the rear part-arch liners were removed, and a small section of front liner removed and the bumper bracket moved/cut/adjusted. I imagine 195s might not have those issues. Regardless, just buy them. They look fantastic imo :D

IMG_4372-vi.jpg

Lionel Richie
thats why we suggest the 43 offset because on very low cars you can get scrubbing

and you can always add 5mm spacers all round which will = ET38

so best of both worlds!

tiTTy & SV650
is there a difference clearance wise running et43 on 5mm spacers compared to running et38?

I guess the outer edge of the wheel (the rim) will be sitting in a different place yet the track will be the same?

Lionel Richie
well using an ET43 with a 5mm spacer would be identical to running an ET38

track would be 10mm wider by running ET38 over ET43, but you will probably get scrubbing depending on ride height

tiTTy & SV650
ahh right ok, thought it might make a difference further out than the hub if you know what I mean. i.e. at a the wheels inside diameter and where it sits relative to the arches but in retrospect I'll shut the fcuk up :quiet:

172 Cup SOLD
So Fred, with my H&R setup, think its wound all the way down on the rear (50mm) and around 35mm on the front, et43 sounds fine? It won't cause me any issues for opting for these over the et38?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i had ET38 on mine last year, 195/50/15's No scrubbing, pretty low, on H&R's too!!!

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00442.jpg