ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedline 2118 question

172 Cup plus more
Hi guys

As some of you know I run speedline 2118's on my track car of which came with it when I bought the car for another member.

My question is why are mine different from the ones you can buy from most companies? I have just found out this as I'm looking for another set but mine are the following.

ET38 normally they are ET43

ubujejer.jpg

Mine have a motorsport only sticker on the inside.

y4apy8y8.jpg

Cheers Gaz

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I think they did a run of them as et38 at some point.
Porkie has a set of both, so they must has readily available once upon a time.

Cup In bits
You can still buy both those sizes from Speedline direct as mentioned but one of them sizes only comes in white unless you special order them. I forgot whet offset it is.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ET38 was for the wider track Cup Racers iirc. Common offset is ET43 like you say.

Can be ordered direct through Speedline themselves.

Other way round et43 are uk cup racer offset the 38s were just the road version. Euro cup racers used et48.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting confused now lol

I had it in my head that:

ET38 usually in white were the Cup offset, giving them a wider track (as per the OP)
and
ET43 usually in anthracite were the common offset that most people use on road car(as per the ones i have)

Someone confirm, as i'm going mad here lol

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
It does. But et43 was the uk cup racers 2118s only available in anthracite.

Sure my UK cup rims are ET48.5 same as the evo 2001 rims. :S

The anthracite 'off the shelf' ones in ET43 are around 3kg heavier too - slightly thicker spoke design.

Cup In bits
Phone Speedline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per my above comment Speedline direct still do both et38 and et43 wheels but only in certain colours, if you want a specific colour in a specific offset they can be special ordered.

Euro cup racer wheels Are et48.5.

Cup In bits
There is even more confusion about sizes as Palmer Sport had speedline make a certain offset (I forgot what it is know) for their 'fake' cup racers that they built for driving experiences, some people have managed to get a hold of the left overs from that set that were made.

At the end of the day its as simple as picking the phone up (I know most are scared to do so) and speaking to Speedline, they will do any offset in any colour you just have to pick up that scary bit of technology!!!!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
At the end of the day its as simple as picking the phone up (I know most are scared to do so) and speaking to Speedline, they will do any offset in any colour you just have to pick up that scary bit of technology!!!!

Phone? What is this witchcraft you speak of Morgan? You'll be trying to convince cs that the world isn't flat next. ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Phone Speedline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per my above comment Speedline direct still do both et38 and et43 wheels but only in certain colours, if you want a specific colour in a specific offset they can be special ordered.

Euro cup racer wheels Are et48.5.

If buying new - we get a 10% discount with Speedline

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Sure my UK cup rims are ET48.5 same as the evo 2001 rims. :S

The anthracite 'off the shelf' ones in ET43 are around 3kg heavier too - slightly thicker spoke design.

Nope UK cup racer wheels are 43 and Weight 7.7kg approx Euro cup racer wheels 48s weight about the same. The 43/38s which are speeline general purpose are the ones that weight more.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I'm getting confused now lol

I had it in my head that:

ET38 usually in white were the Cup offset, giving them a wider track (as per the OP)
and
ET43 usually in anthracite were the common offset that most people use on road car(as per the ones i have)

Someone confirm, as i'm going mad here lol

Your confusing matters with Cup and cup racer. Cup offset is 37 (so 38 is close) but cup racers are 43 / 48.5 and weight 7.7kg.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Compensate for wider track as they used the uniball set up at the front. Euro ones as the rear hub (used 182 cup hubs) where wider so ET 48 compensated for this and keep the similar width as UK cars.

Cossie, 182FF, A3
I went to speedline about 5 weeks ago, as they are only a few miles from me. I was considering a set of 2118s.They were very helpful and had them in stock in silver, anthracite, and white. They recommended the anthracite which came in et43. I preferred the idea of et38 but this was only available in white which are intended for Motorsport. Can not remember the et on silver think it was et45.

Megane275R / 172 mk2
Just found this thread which is helpful toward my ET enquiry on the other thread - thanks!

Most places sell 'em in ET43 in Anthracite.