ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speed sensor location?

Clio 1.2 authentique
Need a new speed sensor on my 1.2 clio. Where about is it located? Is it easy to replace yourself? Thanks.

Clio 182
Clio work out speed through wheel rotation, so you have 1 ring in each wheel, also used for abs..... On older clios the speedo is bolted to gearbox on the back i think..

Clio 1.2 authentique
Ok thanks mate. I will have a look tomorrow, mine is the 2001 one. That would explain why my ABS light is on also. Goes off once the cars off and comes back on about 2mins when you drive off.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Yes it will be an abs sensor, ring or wiring issue. Clean the area up with a stiff brush and inspect the ring for any cracks and check the sensor wire. They're mounted at the cv joint on the front and attached to the disks on the back.

When the abs light is on I believe you will have 50/50 braking front to rear. Quite dangerous.

Clio 1.2 authentique
Thanks guys for this input :up:. The garage i bought it from the guy there said he changed the abs ring but it still came on. I will have a look anyway and see.