ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera Question...

PH1 V6
Quick question guys, to which some of you may know the answer...

If a NEW speed camera has been put up on a dual carrigeway and it clearly states "Camera On Test" , can you be prosicuted if you exceed the speed limit whilst they are on test?

PH1 V6
They are the EXACT cameras i am talking about! well found :)

Yeah it states on test but i was driving through and thought "i have never seen those before!" think i may have been cruising at a little over the limit :s wont be doing that again!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Lol, didnt see your location! haha!!

Yeh take it easy just incase as I wouldnt want to chance it, but to be honest they wouldnt be able to do much as any decent lawyer could get someone off for a "test" cam, as it wouldnt stand up in court until it was 100% sure. Thats how most people get off speeding... formalities on calibration etc.

Not sure if they can use the information for any intel purposes tho and catch ya at a later date - like "he's a speeder" carry on, so just take care!!

PH1 V6
Yeah thats the exact set of cameras i drove through a few hours ago lol just spooky you found them without even trying lol

Well thats what i thought, in truth i was travelling a little over the limit (yes naughty me) but had NO IDEA they were there! i drive down that road all the time and tonight is the first time i noticed them. As said it stated that the camera was on test so im sure they are just setting it up to experiment. Will be careful next time! i just wondered as i thought sh*t i hope that cant get me if its on test.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
Yeah thats the exact set of cameras i drove through a few hours ago lol just spooky you found them without even trying lol

Well thats what i thought, in truth i was travelling a little over the limit (yes naughty me) but had NO IDEA they were there! i drive down that road all the time and tonight is the first time i noticed them. As said it stated that the camera was on test so im sure they are just setting it up to experiment. Will be careful next time! i just wondered as i thought sh*t i hope that cant get me if its on test.

Haha just googled! Was interested in the answer. Thats the only website that came back with any decent info on it so was just a coincidence!
Yeh at least it wasnt a real one! Although personally I would never take a fixed penalty anyway, always try and get out of it first!

Nothing at the mo :(
this test camera.. was it on the a24 near the texaco garage just after the traffic lights? if so that camera has been on test for like a year

PH1 V6
this test camera.. was it on the a24 near the texaco garage just after the traffic lights? if so that camera has been on test for like a year

NOOOOO not that one mate, thats been there for bloody ages! years! lol and that one does actually work i think (when its not on test).

These ones were put up yesterday according to a mate of mine, they are really sneaky and the only reason i saw them was because of the camera on test signs just after, the cameras are tiny! not easy to spot in the dark.

Iceberg 172
As they're on test, test them!!!

I love those LCD displays which tell you how fast you're going, 2 digit fail unfortunately, they only read up to 99mph... tested in my 20vt Polo! lol.