ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spark plugs 172

clio 172 sport
£15 PER PLUG from renault!!! I put bosh super 4 in mine £20 delivered from ebay. A guy at renault told me that ngk's are causing misfire in some 172's.

s**t mate is that true are they any good compared to the ngk and do they last another 72k or five years? cheers for that heads up mate i was looking at the super 4 as per my link above and for the price they sound pretty good any other views guys cbheers

fred if you can do them at that price mate plus p&p of course then i will have some for defo cheapest i have found is 46 delivered from spark plugs.co.uk thanks pal

BMW M3
I once had an argument with a renault member of staff about what model my car was. They were positive it was a 172... muppets.

I never listen to them.....

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
what mileage is your car mate?

iv heard no point changing them unless its defo cause of a problem or you got 72,000 miles. i thought if your cars driven abit more harder then usual u should change it abit sooner.
i got a mk1 172 with 27000 miles on it and its over 5 years, not sure to get it done or not.

hi there mate my car is just over 5years old nopw and has covered 55k miles i just thought cos it is the first time i will service it under my ownership i might as well go the hog and have it running perfectly with good stuff!!! i really dont know what to do are the super bosch really really really that crap compared? anyone got these in there car for comparison

jesus decision decision go for the best through price or go for some cheaper price ones...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm any help guys

clio 172 sport
as long as the spark plug sparks you are not ever gona be able to tell the difference! i would personaly go for the cheapest out of the two, just saw on ebay bosh delivered for £18

i know mate euro car parts can deliver them for 12 quid so i may get them and keep my ngk cos they have not done 72k if any problem occur thanks again pal

clio 172 sport
i changed mine about a month ago and i tryed eurocar parts first and they told me that they dont do them for the 172! then i went to halfords and couldnt get any there so ended getting them off of ebay! £12 for all four plugs sounds a realy good price to me.

i changed mine about a month ago and i tryed eurocar parts first and they told me that they dont do them for the 172! then i went to halfords and couldnt get any there so ended getting them off of ebay! £12 for all four plugs sounds a realy good price to me.

Halford sell ones which fit a 172 somthing 4 theyre called.

SLK32///AMG & 330ci sport
after a lot of bad experences over the years i wouldn't use bosch or denso plugs again, i would stick with NGK as they are the only plug that has never let me down.

bosch are now owned by TRW so the quality should have improved but im not willing to take the risk :)

its NGK all the way for me.

Sold the sport :(
Jeez decisions decisions, i'm in the market for some now, ngk or bosch, prolly doesnt matter really - what diff does the platinum make considering they are £30?

Megane Trophy, Golf
after a lot of bad experences over the years i wouldn't use bosch or denso plugs again, i would stick with NGK as they are the only plug that has never let me down.

bosch are now owned by TRW so the quality should have improved but im not willing to take the risk :)

its NGK all the way for me.

What he said! NGK are the best mate, ive tried all others and NGK are the daddies! ;)

Megane Trophy, Golf
Hello everyone.
Can anyone tell me where I can get some iridium spark plugs for my 172, due that on the www.densoiridium.com website, there is no option for Renault.
Thanks a lot

DO NOT get any of these plugs mate! They are for big engined turbo's, i had some for mine and it made it run sh*t! i had a flat spot and all sorts happening with em, stick with the NGK's. ;)