ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare wheel

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
Hi, i am picking up my 182 in a few days, it is second hand, and i couldnt help but notice that there is no can of spray in the tool kit, or anywhere in the car to be honest! How much do they cost from renault, or can you just usee a can of tire weld, or is it slightly different? DOes this not make a biiiig mess of your wheels when you use it? Any experiences?

172 CUP
I've never used it but they are only like 5 quid from your local dealer. But you need two cans apparently to do one wheel.

WayneG said:
I've never used it but they are only like 5 quid from your local dealer. But you need two cans apparently to do one wheel.

It just sounds like it will be a total mess when you change the tire!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
In 2 and a half years of Cup ownership I've never needed mine. £5 to buy, stick in boot. Nice idea BUT, I'm informed, it does wreck the inside of the tyre so even if the puncture is repairable they can't do it.

This is probably more than liekly them not wanting to scrape all the shite out of your tyre but food for thought none-the-less.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
I'd say it's cheaper and better just to get the name of a decent mobile tyre fitter. You'll always need to pay for a new tyre anyway using that spray shite they give us, plus a mobile guy may be able to repair it.

Or just keep a spare in the boot!

anyone do this on here, or is it all taken up by Tesco shopping?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
guys i hate to be a pain but you can buy another can that dissolves the mess in seconds! not sure how much.also i know it sounds silly but petrol does almost the same job! and yes you have to wash it off after! oh yh and dont smoke lol! its only a kind of expanding foam! id rather use that than carry a spare anyhow! just pray u dont get a tottal blow out!

You absolutly sure there's none in the car, have you tried under the passenger seat?

There should be a pouch with 2 cans in it.

As for putting a spare in the boot, i've just spent the first 18 months of ownership carrying one around. Only because i was working 60 miles from home and those cans wouldn't be much use if you get a puncture at M/Way speeds, there'd be now`t left of the tyre to put it in by the time you'd pulled over.

LY182/NHB CTR
or you could buy a cheap spare 182 cup alloy off me lol and do what i did keep it in the house just incase

chris182 said:
You absolutly sure there's none in the car, have you tried under the passenger seat?

There should be a pouch with 2 cans in it.

As for putting a spare in the boot, i've just spent the first 18 months of ownership carrying one around. Only because i was working 60 miles from home and those cans wouldn't be much use if you get a puncture at M/Way speeds, there'd be now`t left of the tyre to put it in by the time you'd pulled over.

Well i am picking the car up tomorrow, i always though it was in the boot, so there may be some under the seat in gthe car.

Driving to work and the liek, is fine, but i am planning on goign to france for a few days in it, and wouldnt want to get stuck and ruin the trip away, by the way, is it true the jack on the car doesnt actually lift the car hight enough to get the wheels off?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
mwatts_tci said:
by the way, is it true the jack on the car doesnt actually lift the car hight enough to get the wheels off?

no lol where did u hear that ?? the jacks good ... i can get 3 wheels off with it.

mwatts_tci said:
Well i am picking the car up tomorrow, i always though it was in the boot, so there may be some under the seat in gthe car.

Driving to work and the liek, is fine, but i am planning on goign to france for a few days in it, and wouldnt want to get stuck and ruin the trip away, by the way, is it true the jack on the car doesnt actually lift the car hight enough to get the wheels off?

Yeh, check under seat, even the place i bought mine off didn't know they were there, he went and got me a Holts one from out the back.

Jack is fine.

As for spare, i just went and got an old steel one from a scrapers, piece of mind thing. If you do this though make sure its at least 15 inch, any smaller and it wont go over the discs/caliper.

LY182/NHB CTR
JBarber said:
You got one for sale? With a tyre?

yes i have one with good tyre tread sitting around doing nothing got a new car now so have no use for it PM me if your interested and I'll give you more info

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
joshydee said:
Just get a 15'' steelie of a normal clio from a scrappers.

With a larger profile tyre i pressume ? Personally i'd just look out for a spare 182 alloy on here or ebay and stick it in the boot .

RenaultSport clio 182
i just have a pump if its a slow one you can just pump it up to get it to a garage then it can be fixed. i would not use the cans .

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
JBarber said:
yeah, i wouldn't mind one, just dunno if you can get them (or where)

I've gota space saver from a Vauxhall Calibra its 15" fits over the rear disc (not the front) then made the hub bigger to fit over the Renault hub.

M2 Competition
Ive got a turini in the garage, and two cans of holts tyre weld under the passenger seat...

Spare wheels weigh loads! lol