ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spacers and springs

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
i got 02 1.6 with 182 wheels on ( 16") obviously. got 5mm spacers and still makes a slight rub only when turning left hard or when people in the back, so how much more shall i space out and still lower it?
and how much shall i lower it?
what springs shall i get?
any good shops?

pics would be appriciated thanks lads :)

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
any1? how much shall i lower?
back already seams lowish but front is heigh
help me please i cant decided what to do?

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
Pic123.gif

60mm looks well good :)

Track 172 & Golf R32
i got 40 drop at the moment goin 60 probably next week.. and im pushing out 10mm each side.. which should look pretty sweet..

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
the thing is when people are in the back my car looks well low anway so i was worried that 60 on back would be too much?
mine is a dyna + so has different suspension to dynas anyway

should i be worried?

Clio MK2 (1.2)
nope, 60mm wont do any rubbing in the back :) mines been lowered 60 since nearly a year now, and had no problem,

Ph1 172 + Combo van
mines 60mm lowered and ive had me and 3 passengers and i didnt feel any rubbing!

RB 200 Cup!
i dropped my 1.6 dynamiuqe on Ultimate 35mm springs from Ktec - cos i live on bumpy roads ;)

looked the tits tho

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
right 60 it is lol would 10mm spacers still fit with my wheels though?
overwords it rubs

A

amitshah1990

im looking to do the same mate, got my 172 wheels being sprayed gloss black next week. Im down 40mm but want to go 60mm. Again asking the same question of would i get any problems with a 60mm drop?
Would def be worth it thou ;)

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
but u got 15's? we both got 16" sport wheels which rub without spacers!
and with spacers it doesnt look like the arch will go over the tyre?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i think it will get under the arch if the tyres are 195, the 16inch 172 wheels are no wider than mine i dont think. but with spacers i dont know ask some one who has already done it

White Sti Hatch
I loved the days when 10mm spacers were enough lol !

You tryed removing the arch liners will no doubt solve the problem !

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
think i might just go 40mm to be save, ordered my 10mm spacers the other day will put them on n put pic here, i dont think the arch will go over tyre. does any1 know any1 who has 182 wheels on a dyna?

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
qick though aswell, my car is a dyna + and they come with a different suspension anyway. is that any lower than the normal sus?
if it is lower, if i lowed it would it be -?mm from the normal sus or my sus?

White Sti Hatch
yeah just the bolts nothing else was changed think it was from 56mm to 58mm or something along those lines

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
that wicked mate thanks for that found so eibathc spring 30mm on back 50 front so going to get thoes now :)