ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South west sticker submission thread!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
This thread is for the south west sticker competition.

The stickers will have to contain "South West" and "Cliosport.net" to promote Cliosport.net in the south west and hopefully in turn increase the amount of members in the south west.

A maximum amount of colours used on any one sticker will be 3 but any 3 colours can be used.
(There will not be a choice of sticker colour once the sticker is chosen so try and make it go with most colour cars if possible when you make a design)

It has to be CLEAR and LEGIBLE when the main body of the sticker is 12X12cm (the maximum size but can be smaller
Idea of SIZE can be noted under a design entry.

There will not be any copyright or ownership stuff going on, when you post your design you agree that you no longer have ownership of that design and it belongs to the south west group members.
(I don't want to have to put this as there will be no profiteering but it covers my back afterwards)

A winner will be selected with a final vote from the members once the south west area reps have agreed on the 5 top entries.

And yes a prize will be given to the winner!!!!
(The sticker you designed for free and something else, potentially some money off vouchers for parts) :)

The CLOSING DATE of this submission thread will be the 31st of march.

Any questions or queries don't hesitate to drop me a PM on here or even drop it on the South west Cliosport.net Facebook page to find an answer.

Thanks for reading and good luck with your entries.

Dan.

2012 Clio 1.2
my appologies Oz172cup i really liked the idea of the south west island so ive adapted your design a little :) ignore the green they will be transparent its just that jpeg doesnt like transparency and ads a white bg,

idea 1
sw2_zps9e8c4d42.jpg
idea 2
sw_zps61126f44.jpg

Bux

Golf GTD
Just had a go at making a Nurburgring Style type one:

CSSW-NurburgStyle_zps652b7cda.png

Could be done in black or white

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Only problem with the one above is that the Midlands lot are doing exactly the same thing. I'll post this because I haven't got any better ideas.

CSSW2.png

Bux

Golf GTD
The tractor in the other thread made me want to have a go at one... Don't think it's terribly good though

CSTractor_zps160fdeb2.png

Edit:

God it's massive! Haha, and there's lots of bits which are crap on it, but it was only a quick one :p

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Just had a go at making a Nurburgring Style type one:

CSSW-NurburgStyle_zps652b7cda.png

Could be done in black or white

This. I was talking to Dan earlier today when we were washing the cars, said we should do a Nurburgring style one, exactly like this. It's simple, effective, recognisable and discreet.

Bux

Golf GTD
just edited my nurgburgring style one slightly to make the outlines a bit more smooth.

CSNurburg2_zpsac267084.png

What about in Nurburgring-ish colours?

CSNurburg1_zps901e64ac.png

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
How would the above look if you aligned the text to the left? I know it's not in the original style, but because of the shape of the South West and the text aligned right, it makes the whole thing quite wide.

Bux

Golf GTD
How would the above look if you aligned the text to the left? I know it's not in the original style, but because of the shape of the South West and the text aligned right, it makes the whole thing quite wide.

It would look like this:

NugburgLeft1_zps3b237874.png

NugburgLeft2_zpsf6699c33.png

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If it ends up with the nurburgring style ones though, I will be using my own version depicting the real south west :p probably one of the following...

swlogo1.png

swlogo2.png

think I like the second one better...

182 Cup
Was gonna say that south west outline didn't include Somerset, does yours fatty? Like it in white as all the stickers on my car are white.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Was gonna say that south west outline didn't include Somerset, does yours fatty? Like it in white as all the stickers on my car are white.

it includes a very small part of Somerset. I think the shape of Devon & Cornwall looks better :)

Bux

Golf GTD
it includes a very small part of Somerset. I think the shape of Devon & Cornwall looks better :)

I don't think it's fair to cut off an area just because it makes the shape a bit different. It's supposed to represent the whole south west, not 'the whole south west minus the place that is a weird shape'.

172 CUP
Yeah nice try lol :lolup: Nobody's idea will suit everyone so its alway's going to be a mix of everything. Looks like we will all win so free stickers all round.... sorted lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah nice try lol :lolup: Nobody's idea will suit everyone so its alway's going to be a mix of everything. Looks like we will all win so free stickers all round.... sorted lol

haha I like you thinking on the free stickers all round!

Audi A5
Quite like the simple look without the area outline as well...
swlogo3.png

swlogo3oncar.jpg

Not that I'm from the southwest but this looks the best so far imo. Before I saw them on a car I would of said the 'ring' style but when it's on the car it just looks a bit messy. This is smart and suttle.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
anyone else got any submissions for this comp? it will be ending next week!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Well I have been told that CS have created there own design sticker for the southwest to purchase over the CS shop so I am going to have to shut this down and take it no further.

Sorry this didn't follow through but I cannot produce something for CS that is already in the process of being put together by CS and can be distributed a lot easier than I can ever do.

Thanks for all the effort and interest

Dan

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

I know they have done that but that's up to them if its to carry on, the south west sticker is in the process of going up soon, tbh I haven't seen it but I can't imagine it's going to be crap as they are using a designer to make them.

If it is crap we can tackle that situation when it comes about (selecting the best out of this thread as stated at the start) but we will have to wait and see what comes out 1st :)