ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West RR meet, 16th of march 2013

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yup was planning on that to, it's 4p cheaper than at ashburton, and I want my shell points lol

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I say 106bhp, whoever is closest buys the other a pasty ;)

I organised this RR meet and have been asked is there anything they can help me with on the day, are you sure you want to bet on the outcome of your dyno reading ;) lol

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Shame I can't come. Have work today...

Would be a cool idea if everyone posts their figures and what mods have been done in here. Be interesting to see the differences!

182 Cup
Cheers for organising that Dan, 'twas a good day, and ta for the Easter egg!!

So, with a KTec induction kit, remap and exhaust system I made 194hp engine power.

Chuffed! :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tbh unless yours has cams you don't know about I don't personally quite believe the figure but bottom line is it was the highest on the day of similar spec cars so definitely a good example :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yep and I have to hand it to the cars with the Ktec induction kit as they made about 6hp more than the ones without!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Yep cheers for organising Dan, maybe a good idea to start a thread/or on this one with mods, power, torque, rpm to see how everyone faired.
What y'reckon

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah chip I think we need to look into wether it has been cam'd.

Peak power at 7300 certainly makes it look that way.

I reckon the rollers were over reading about 8 or so bhp personally versus the ones I normally use but its pointless trying to compare one set to another really.

Very impressed how professionally they were, checking everyone's oil first etc and taking lots of care with the cars.

Would happily go back there again.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed on Aaron's graph, seeing as he's just posted it on FB, that his corrected power is 185 but the engine power is 179, which doesn't sound too far off considering he's got a RStuner and an exhaust. Does that sound like a better figure?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thanks Dan for making this happen :) Really good day today, if you weren't there you missed out! I will be posting the videos I took a bit later and also my graph from this one. I made 179.8 btw with no real mods (98Ron map & the backbox has been changed). 2 months or so ago I got 180.2 on a different set of rollers, so that's pretty close, which should indicated that both sets of rollers are either both off by the same amount of they are both very close to being accurate. Thanks Danlp6 for stopping on the way into Exeter, I would have got completely lost if you didn't!! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My graph:

71618408-834D-44B8-B644-842EE3DCC03D-3865-000003B1D2BEB4E8_zps47445038.jpg

torque down massively just cause he couldn't find traction in the midrange where it makes peak torque so was just going half throttle for a while as it started to spin. Pleased to crack the 300 bhp barrier though which I was quietly hoping it would after I turned the boost up just a tiny bit since the last rolling road session.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I noticed on Aaron's graph, seeing as he's just posted it on FB, that his corrected power is 185 but the engine power is 179, which doesn't sound too far off considering he's got a RStuner and an exhaust. Does that sound like a better figure?
Probe probably got a bit hot and made it correct when it shouldn't really have. Wouldn't worry about the finer details too much though, you can analyse results forever. Lol.

ph3 dci100 172 rep
I'm actually more impressed at the figures pete's completely standard 200 made considering first run was 206 and the second was 203!

Not so impressed with my 76.3bhp dci100 though :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm actually more impressed at the figures pete's completely standard 200 made considering first run was 206 and the second was 203!

Not so impressed with my 76.3bhp dci100 though :(

As per my previous comment I reckon the rollers were reading a good 8 or more bhp too high compared to the ones I use, But either it was still an epic result, 20bhp more than most 172 were getting on the same day on the same rollers.

Was that the corrected or uncorrected figure by the way, I didn't see his run.

Clio RS200 GW
Fantastic day first time I've done a rolling road and I was mighty impressed, no real mods on mine at all so I was impressed with the results 201bhp, I know there will be a slight variance on the rollers. I was also impressed with some of the mod,s people have done.
Well done Dan for the organising.

The figures seemed really inconsistent. As both mine and Emma's was below what we've had them at. Yet others were massively high! Still a good day and the had water afterwards was a good social occasion.

Thanks Dan for making this happen :) Really good day today, if you weren't there you missed out! I will be posting the videos I took a bit later and also my graph from this one. I made 179.8 btw with no real mods (98Ron map & the backbox has been changed). 2 months or so ago I got 180.2 on a different set of rollers, so that's pretty close, which should indicated that both sets of rollers are either both off by the same amount of they are both very close to being accurate. Thanks Danlp6 for stopping on the way into Exeter, I would have got completely lost if you didn't!! lol.

No worries mate, I'd seen you'd got caught a few cars back then got stuck again :) lucky one of us knows how a convoy works ;) lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
took very few pics today and all of which were not of a high standard at all, probably down to the fact that it was raining too much for my camera to be outside! But here's what I got:

My shot of the day (love where the RS badge is located on these):
sotdb.jpg

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

(Should of moved my car back for this shot!)
rr3.jpg

vids & graph to come later today...

Mine was 5bhp under my previous RR on the adjusted figure. 3bhp on the max figure.

Not really a huge amount of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Was a good day out which is the main thing. Thanks Dan for sorting it :)

ph3 dci100 172 rep
As per my previous comment I reckon the rollers were reading a good 8 or more bhp too high compared to the ones I use, But either it was still an epic result, 20bhp more than most 172 were getting on the same day on the same rollers.

Was that the corrected or uncorrected figure by the way, I didn't see his run.

Yeah both runs came out at 76bhp 91lb ft :(

ph1 172
I only got 159bhp I only serviced it 5 months ago and I run it on vpower but its got no engine mods except the cat back powerflow :(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
OK here's something interesting... Have just compared my RR readout I did a few months ago on the OEM map against the one done today on the 98RON map, and they are almost identical! I don't feel the 5k kick much anymore, but evidently from the graph, its still there! I was expecting my lower rev range to have been raise up a bit more to smooth out the entire rev range. Interstingly my engine power figure is both on 180.X between the 2 different rolling roads.

rr5.jpg

Overlaid:
rr6.jpg

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's interesting fatty. Without any doubt you can really feel the difference on the road before and after the rs tuner even though it hardly shows at all there.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
@foster: Take it to Dan in the SW, he knows what he is doing. that's where mine will be going at its next interval.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
That's interesting fatty. Without any doubt you can really feel the difference on the road before and after the rs tuner even though it hardly shows at all there.

yeah, the 5K kick isn't apparent at all now when driving. The feeling of me having more power low down must be completely placebo! Its hardly the gains promised on the fastchip website!

Last edited: