ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West RR meet, 16th of march 2013

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I have organised a Cliosport.net invitation only rolling road day.

It will be at this venue - http://www.tiptongarage.co.uk/

I will be taking place on on Saturday the 16th of march (time yet to be arranged but it will be starting early in the morning and finishing about 1-2pm).

It will cost £20 cash on the day for a power run (we have also been set the challenge of maxing there rollers which is set at 240 BHP at the wheels)

Address - The Tipton Garage,
Tipton St John
Near Sidmouth,
Devon
EX10 0AF

The rolling road part of the day wont last much past 1-2PM so there is potential for a drive to take some photos with a stop off for some food in the afternoon to be able to make a full day of it if people want to, but that can be sorted closer to the time.

I have also had quite a few PMs asking what entails on a rolling road day over the past few weeks so hopefully,

This link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La1pU20_0f0

Should give you heads up of what the day will be like.

Also if anyone wants to use this event to make something like the above link, they can as long as the final product is made available in the write up thread for people to view.

Names should be listed below for this meet, if you want to use the rolling road facility a (RR) should be added to the end of your name so i can give both figures of attendance and also the amount wanting to use the rolling road on the day.

Any questions at all about the day drop me a PM and hopefully i can answer them ASAP if not i will try my best to be able to find an answer.

Thanks again

Dan,

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma. ​(RR)
3. Dave (RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin (RR)
5. Marc1330 (RR)

172 cup
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)

LY 172
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10.Ranger (RR)

HBT 172 Cup
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10.Ranger (RR)
11. Sam (Laine's mate with mini) - (RR)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ger deposits (or better still full payment) off of people ASAP by the way mate, or you will get messed around!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)

172 CUP
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)

172 CUP
Ive done it before so for any reason we run out of time or only a set amount allowed i'll drop out for someone who hasn't done a RR

ph1 172
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
16. fostar*87* (tom) (RR)

320D E91 Estate
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
17. James (clio172wannabe) (RR)

*Dan is it possible I can get an earlyish slot on the rolling road as I think I will need to shoot off before all the cars have finished, possibly before lunch but not sure yet.

Got no problem paying the money up front if you want Dan, or do it on the day, whatever is easiest

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The price is £20 on the day (cash) I won't be out of pocket as all I'm going to do is collect on the day and hand over.

It will stay at that as long as 10 cars run, which seems a very easy target and they are just happy such a large club has picked them out to be used for our day as they are a small family run business.

Even if its below 10 cars running it's still only £25 a run :)

As with timings, I'm gonna confirm there opening times to us over the phone this week but hopefully the first run can be done at about 9-9:30am and each run is said to take about 20mins.

I would personally like the 1st run of the day done by someone who has had a few previous RR readouts that are pretty consistent (within 5bhp of each other max) so we can see where these rollers stand for the rest of the cars.

Tbh I'm not doubting the rollers as reading through their website some serious (every single BHP count) users have been on them but it also might give them chance to dial the rollers in if there is a major fluctuation/ miss guidance (I.e. the 200bhp standard 182 pops out of it).

As for people requesting early slots I would like a PM from them with the time they want to be on for but it will be a 1st come 1st serve basis so if its gone it gone I'm afraid.

The very 1st slot of the day I will pick out of the people who PM so it will be the best car that can help out through the rest of the day (I want at least 2 RR readouts within 5bhp of each other please).

Even if you don't need an early slot but think you have the car that meets the criteria above send me a PM please :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Also 1st person to drop out the RR part if numbers become too great or time constraints occur will be myself as I have organised this day for you guys. And tbh I am sad and I get the enjoyment out of getting the CS people together and watching people get involved and taking the photos along the way to put together at the end of it all.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I bet if you had 30 people turn up they will still run all the cars, what small business is going to close their doors and turn people away while they still have 60-80 quid an hour (ie 3-4 cars an hour) cash in hand coming in?

I'm happy to give up one of mine and lesleys spots if it is needed though as TBH I only put the 2nd one down to make then numbers up in the first place anyway.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye but there's no point in talking about this till I confirm what there maximum is for the day, ATM we still have room I'm sure :)

182 Cup
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma. ​(RR)
3. Dave (RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin (RR)
5. Marc1330 (RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
18. Shifty. (RR)

Renault clio 172
1. Dan, (RR)
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
18. Shifty. (RR)
19. Robert172sport (RR)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right further updates, been told a maximum 20 cars to use the rolling road (4 an hour)

I know we are at 19 now but keep adding your names as people will chop and change within the time before the meet.

The 1st 20 on the list with (RR) after there name will be running on the day so there is 2 more spots available.

Also we are set to start running at 9am, I will be there for about half 8.

We are also in talks of potentially having a stand selling products, and being so to the pub hopefully we can sort something like a BBQ for a small sum each.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
1. Dan,
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
18. Shifty. (RR)
19. Robert172sport (RR)

172 CUP
1. Dan,
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
18. Shifty. (RR)
19. Robert172sport (RR)
20. binny2584 (RR) Possible remap as well if able

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
They ain't gonna be able to map on the day, but will book you in for a later date whilst your there.