ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West RR meet, 16th of march 2013

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Done about 100 miles in my turbo clio now since building a forged engine, still running it in at this stage, all seems good so far though so hopefully I will be at this event trying to hit the 240@wheels and max the rollers out!

Clio Sport 182
Yeah I have a code reader as I have no cat and I need to keep clearing the code every so often :) and is it hard to use? Wouldn't know where to start! Ha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you do a search on here mate you should find quite a few threads about the process, give that a go and if you are still stuck then start a new one.

TBH I could probably load a map on for you on the day with my RS tuner if you dont want to buy your own, you would have to pay the license and for the map, but its only about 80 quid total.

Clio Sport 182
Is there different types of maps? Sorry I don't know anything! And yeah that would be great mate! What and then do it on the 16th march??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah there are different revisions of the map for different age of car etc, there are also two variants in terms of if you get popping and banging at high rpm when you lift off or not.
It kinda sounds cool if you do that, but TBH I wouldnt as the bangs are bad for your exhaust.

If you want it done some time before hand, Im only in Taunton and am normally around at weekends working on my cars anyway if you wanted to pop over.

Clio Sport 182
Ah okay! Sounds good, any Saturday good for you?! How long does it take to load a map onto the rs tuner? If not long it could be a good idea for you to properly example to me face to face what each map does before I choose for £80 ha

320D E91 Estate
When are you going to see chip wannabe172? And chip anytime preferred on Saturday?!

Hi, not sure yet as haven't arranged it with Chip yet. I can't do this Saturday and I think Bedford is the following week? Maybe 2 weeks this Saturday depending on if Chip is free and whether you need all the mods done before the map (which I don't think you need to do) as I'm only going to have phase 1 airbox, exhaust, maybe matched inlets and that's it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
When are you going to see chip wannabe172? And chip anytime preferred on Saturday?!

2pm or so tomorrow would be best for me probably mate although you might have to wait around for a bit if im in the middle of something as I have quite a lot on at the moment, so I cant make an exact arrangement.
Wont keep you waiting too long though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just wondering if anyone that is going to this has 438s, GT cams or a RS2?

We've got an RS2 and 197 cams, but not sure yet if that car will be one of the ones we bring as we've got 10 cars but only 2 spaces booked on the rolling road day, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What are your choices other than OCD and the turbo?

The mk1 clio should hopefully be ready by then.

Which will dial in the lowest figure of the 3 by quite a margin, but at the same time I would still quite like to bring it just cause I love that car, lol

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well he could trailer the nova down, but that would probably blow up their rollers. Be interesting to see what the figures for the turbo are after its rebuild.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
we have also been set the challenge of maxing there rollers which is set at 240 BHP at the wheels

challenge-accepted.jpg

Nova wins!

Yes i know it would be pointless, in theory, like many things it is fantastic, but in reality, not so.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I want to know if I get a refund i I max the rollers, cause lets face it the graph is going to be pretty useless if it flatlines, lol

Still not sure if the turbo will actually manage it though TBH, it should be in that kind of ballpark though.

172 cup
We've got an RS2 and 197 cams, but not sure yet if that car will be one of the ones we bring as we've got 10 cars but only 2 spaces booked on the rolling road day, lol

Decisions, decisions ay?! As you can probably guess, I may have a question or two for you... whether you run it or not. Hope you don't mind!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Decisions, decisions ay?! As you can probably guess, I may have a question or two for you... whether you run it or not. Hope you don't mind!

I love talking about cars and engines mate, so no I dont mind at all, thats why we are all here isnt it?

172 cup
Damn straight... No harm in checking though! I'm looking forward to this, it'll be my first RR day and my first CS meet. It might sound a bit odd, but I can't decide if I want decent figures or not... If it's a duff one I can forget about further mods and just enjoy it for what it is, but if it's good I'll be chuffed and wanting the afore mentioned ones!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I must admit It would be nice to see a MK1 turn up chip, as I really miss my old one :(

Clio Sport 182
I live in Buckfastleigh, and I was talking to chip and some of you would be coming from Plymouth past my place, would I be able to meet you for the journey up? As I also haven't done a RR or any CS meet! :)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yes, from Plymouth we drive up the a38 to Exeter.
For the monthly meets we usually leave around 7:30 7:40 ish and guess we past you around 30 mins later.
So you are more than welcome to join us this Friday for a meet in Exeter.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I don't personally but I'm sure someone else does.
Or you can join the road and just sit at 50 or so and we would soon catch you up.
Well get something sorted out ;)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
1. Dan,
2. Emma.
(RR)
3. Dave
(RR) (wilyoldave)
4. McGherkin
(RR)
5. Marc1330
(RR)
6. Laine (RR)
7. Smiler_ (RR)
8. Aaron (RR)
9. Nyall (RR)
10. Ranger (RR)
11. Sam (Laine's mate with mini) - (RR)
12. Chip (RR)
13. Lesley (RR)
14. The Fatty (RR)
15. Oz172cup (RR)
16. fostar*87* (tom) (RR)
17. James (clio172wannabe) (RR)
18. Shifty. (RR)
19. Robert172sport (RR)
20. binny2584 (RR) Possible remap as well if able

Re-posting this as there has been 2 pages without it.

also this is a meet thread so could we keep it on topic as much as possible please and have the general chat/questions on other subjects put to people in the relevant threads or via PM.

Thanks

Dan