ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales karting meet - December

Before anyone goes paying for bug..... I may have to pull out, so Bug can take my place/deposit.
I'll confirm wether I can or can't make it later today.
Mrs reminded me that we have a b*****d Christmas family get together on that date. Massively pissed off!
Need find out if it's a daytime or evening thing, if it's evening meal then I can come. If it's daytime I'll have to pull out.
Was so looking forward to this..... hope I can make it, but I doubt it now [emoji22]

Before anyone goes paying for bug..... I may have to pull out, so Bug can take my place/deposit.
Mrs reminded me that we have a b*****d Christmas family get together on that date. Massively pissed off!
Need find out if it's a daytime or evening thing, if it's evening meal then I can come. If it's daytime I'll have to pull out.
Was so looking forward to this..... hope I can make it, but I doubt it now [emoji22]

Bring them along! More the merrier :wink:

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
1. Filters
2. LiquidYellDan
3. MattW
4. Alex-J
5. Ricky Brown.
6. 182Trophy
7. Jaff
8. msremmert
9. Tonyd106
10. Dano'

Just paid my deposit better late than never :D

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Agree with @msremmert , spectators are allowed after all.

@Filters what time have you booked it for?

Whats a good time for the new track? Think the best i could manage on the old one was 28.2 iirc. f**k knows whether that was decent or not.

If it was a 28.2 you done then that's an amazing time, quickest I managed was 29.1, quickest I seen when I was spectating was a 28.8.
I think with the track being the other way round it won't flow as well and lap times will be slower.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep

If it was a 28.2 you done then that's an amazing time, quickest I managed was 29.1, quickest I seen when I was spectating was a 28.8.
I think with the track being the other way round it won't flow as well and lap times will be slower.

No time yet chap as I've been waiting for deposits to come in today also waiting to find out what's going on with dan.

And 28.5 is this moths record on the new layout, it actually flows better what with a longer and straighter ramp to fly down followed by a longer straight.
Should be an interesting day!

clio 182 trophy

That was with only 3 people on track though. Yeah it was def the lower end of 28 as i was comparing it to my best time in Cardiff which was 27.7. But cardiff is shorter.
I wish i hadn't said anything now as i have set myself up to fail.lol.

Suzuki Jimny
I always end up being really slow at karting, even though I use all the correct lines etc. Looking forward to the last place prize!

That was with only 3 people on track though. Yeah it was def the lower end of 28 as i was comparing it to my best time in Cardiff which was 27.7. But cardiff is shorter.
I wish i hadn't said anything now as i have set myself up to fail.lol.
Hahaha I'm sure you'll be one of the front runner's. I've only been 3 times and the first time I spent getting it sideways everywhere :cool: the other 2 times I went was with a big group so it's always been busy and I'm to nice to smash people out the way.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hahaha I'm sure you'll be one of the front runner's. I've only been 3 times and the first time I spent getting it sideways everywhere :cool: the other 2 times I went was with a big group so it's always been busy and I'm to nice to smash people out the way.

Hope no one does any " smashing out of the way" as the black flag would be put out on them.

clio 182 trophy
Lol nah i won't. I am mega competitive against myself, wanting to beat my time but as a group it is about having a laugh. Being more powerful they should be a lot easier to slide around. Much more fun than lap times! Should have a comp for the best/bravest drift!lol

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol nah i won't. I am mega competitive against myself, wanting to beat my time but as a group it is about having a laugh. Being more powerful they should be a lot easier to slide around. Much more fun than lap times! Should have a comp for the best/bravest drift!lol
They've resurfaced the lower part of the track chap it's all grippy tarmac now. The wood on the upper level is grippy too so it's easy to get a drift on anymore.

Trust me bud no one wants the last prize. It comes with a forfite!

@LiquidYellDan what's the score with yourself now chap as I need to get booking.
If it's the 13th I can't make it.... pissed off about it too.

Can't change family plans as my dad and uncle are going away the following weekend till after new year. [emoji35] [emoji35] So this is our Christmas get together..... f**king Christmas. ....

I was so looking forward to this and now I can't make it..... so bugs welcome to my deposit.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's the 13th I can't make it.... pissed off about it too.

Can't change family plans as my dad and uncle are going away the following weekend till after new year. [emoji35] [emoji35] So this is our Christmas get together..... f**king Christmas. ....

I was so looking forward to this and now I can't make it..... so bugs welcome to my deposit.

It's definitely going to be on the 13th chap, sorry man. Would of been good to have you attend but needs must and all that jazz....fear not there will be another karting meet on June next year!

@Bug would you like to take Dans offer up? Need to know ASAP buddy.

It's definitely going to be on the 13th chap, sorry man. Would of been good to have you attend but needs must and all that jazz....fear not there will be another karting meet on June next year!

@Bug would you like to take Dans offer up? Need to know ASAP buddy.
Yeah. I'll definitely be on next one. Proper pissed I'm missing it.

If anyone wants to go again after this meet over Christmas break I'll be up for it [emoji5]

Make sure plenty of videos and pics are taken [emoji106]

Surely fastest lap should determine the winner?

If someone has a duff kart and has to swap they'll instantly be out of the running.
Or if someone gets a tap in the back end and gets sent into the wall ( this has happened to me on the both occasions I've been with a group) then again they are instantly out of contention.

That's the whole idea behind endurance racing tony.

To see who does the most laps? I get that but if someone does say 53laps and gets a fastest lap of 29.9 yet everyone else does a few less but all set faster laps how can that be fair?

I'm not bothered about where I come, I don't do karting often enough to be good at it and I've not got a natural talent for it.

I'm never the quickest when I go karting but I'm very consistent. Last time I went all of my laps bar about 10 were withing half a second of each other.

I'm happy to go along with what ever is decided, I've only done an endurance once before and we decided the winners on best lap times, mainly because it gives everyone a chance at winning.

Thought we was karting?

Didn't know Le man drivers got boobie prizes either ;)

Like I said I'm not particularly fussed just thought it would make it fair for all.

Bug

Megane rs250
Never been karting before so not bothered if i come last or not, filters whats the plan i paypal dan on friday when I'm paid?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Like I said not bothered, I gave an opinion the others gave there's.
Everyone is entitled to one.

And Supakart has there rules chap which I can't change.
You've made it clear in your texts to me today chap that you're not happy. I'll be giving your deposit back as you asked for.

Last edited:

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Never been karting before so not bothered if i come last or not, filters whats the plan i paypal dan on friday when I'm paid?

If you could Bug that would be brilliant. PM @LiquidYellDan to get his PayPal details so you guys can get it sorted. If you can PM me today with your full name to add to the bookings list that we'll all be signing on the day then that would be great. Cheers chap.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
On a positive note after today's fiasco....prize bundles and a few booby prizes turned up today!

I've had a sneak peak inside and have to say they're perfect considering winter is crashing down on us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 15