ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorting her out for summer...

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
OK, car will have 100k on the clock very soon and is starting to look a bit tired.

I want to get her spick and span for the summer and this starts with new disc's all round (with pads), then off for a new aux belt.

What else would you have done at this point? I normally do the servicing myself or with a mate. Is there anything that should be replaced or tightened?

Cheers

audi a6 3.0tdi
mines on 76k i'm fitting all new engine mounts and replacing both driveshafts they won't neccesarily need doing but mine gets driven hard and the mounts were starting to wear

53 Clio's & counting
in all honesty bud check everything but dont change thinga for the sake of changing them, mines on 116k and all thats on my list is new brakes at some point, few bits of paint to tidy up as im fussy lol, few other lil odds and sods but not muh else needs doing

LY 182
What about break fluid? Is there a service where this needs done
every 2 years regardless of milage

while you are there maybe some braided lines

erm pollen filter

give all the wheels a wobble and a spin to check bearings bushes etc etc

regas aircon if you have it

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
rear bearings will get done with breaks, will look into pollen and fuel filters however, where are they?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
pollen is under scuttle panel under the wipers there is a section on the drivers side that comes off.
fuel filter is in the tank part of the sender unit these have to be replaced at 150k

Lots of Alfas
Im sure on any mk2ph2 Clio the fuel filter is 150K, if its a 172mk1 its easily replaced on every major service. Asumming you had the aux belt changed at 72, it will be due soon at 108k. Dont forget the tensioner and idler.

Change all the air,oil and pollen filter, change oil, brake fluid, and Coolant.

The pollen filter is in the drivers side scuttle panel under the windscreen.

Dont need to bother with engine mounts if they are sound.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im doing both bottom arms, both track rod ends, both suspension top mounts, both front dampers (done rear ones last month) and all engine mounts. along with brake fluid, gearbox oil, engine oil and filter :)

im 41k and 5yrs old

LY 182
why ????????
unless theres something wrong with all those suspension components what an utter waste of money.

may aswell just send it all to me via paypal you'll get about as much benefit from it!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
why ????????
unless theres something wrong with all those suspension components what an utter waste of money.

theres play in the track rod ends so im replacing them
the engine mounts are worn and need replacing so im replacing them
the front dampers are past their best so im replacing them
after 5years the suspension bushes will be starting to wear so im replacing them too
might as well do the top mounts while im at it as one of mine went in my 1.2 after 5 years too!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I must admit, I'm all for preventative maintenance - means you can fix it when you have money - rather than when you dont

What else would you have done at this point? I normally do the servicing myself or with a mate. Is there anything that should be replaced or tightened?
IMO take the fornt and rear bumpers and front wings clean them all

Check the whle car wishbones, arb bushes, mounts, ball joints, arm,

Chnage all the fluids if need be

Service the car fully if it needs it.