ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorry a TYRE question!!!! HELP

AAS'D RB 182
Right am sure some of you are fed up of answering these questions now but really need some help. I am running 15" pro race wheels on my 182 and i need some new tyres as the ones that are on now are rubbish that just came with the alloys. I no most will say PE3s but unfortunatly my budget is only around £180 max so there out. I need something that is really good in the wet as thats pretty much the only weather were having now so was looking at the likes of toyo t1r, yoko prada spec 2, hankook v12 evo. But could just do with your comments, opinions or other tyres which may fit my needs? Cheers guys. craig

I might go with V12s seeing as my fronts are nearly on the markers.

I know its easier to have people comment in this thread as current views do change, but spending some time flicking through all the previous tyre threads will probably make your mind up about which tyre to get.

I've read lots of different views on each tyre, for example opinions I've read are the sidewall of the v12 is too soft, the rainsport 2's are great in the wet but ware when pushed in the dry.

WRX
All four for £180?
If so then your choice is very limited, just two will be fine for a good pair. Also google tyre reviews as well as search on here. If it's just road use then simply the best you can afford.

AAS'D RB 182
All four for £180?
If so then your choice is very limited, just two will be fine for a good pair. Also google tyre reviews as well as search on here. If it's just road use then simply the best you can afford.

yeah mate i have 15s remember so very cheap toyo t1rs are only around £40 a tyre??

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think theyre good in the dry but shite in the wet?

Cant say for sure as ive never used them. Just what ive read on here.

Im in the same boat as you though. Looking for a good set of 15" tyres!

AAS'D RB 182
I think theyre good in the dry but s**te in the wet?

Cant say for sure as ive never used them. Just what ive read on here.

Im in the same boat as you though. Looking for a good set of 15" tyres!

Yeah thats what i heard also but dont no anyone thats used them to ask. so many choices but just need to no which are good.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well lets just say I ran V12's at the Burspeed trackday at Llandow and they were excellent.

Octavia VRS
^^^ This...I can't fault them in the dry or wet

I bought a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2's for the front of my 182. They are good in the wet but I struggle to see why everybody raves about them so much. I am disappointed with the dry weather performance to be honest. Loads of sidewall flex and id say the grip is average! Nothing like the same amount of 'bite' on turn in compared to Hankook v12 evo or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD.

Thats my opinion. As pretty much everybody on here will tell you-You get what you pay for, Spend as much as feasibly possible as the rubber is what keeps you out of the hedge.

Hughski.