ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorry 172 cup owners and a select 197

RS 172+
I can't get myself to like 197/200 shapes, A/C or not! Bit like a 'proper' mini to the BMW mini, or an early Golf to a later one. Sometimes improvements just aren't.

a burnt one
Dont even know how to use the aircon, i just turn the dial to the blue bit and the power level up to 4, does the trick.

This is similar to all the cup threads, did you guys know that before the days of ABS not one single person who owned a car without ABS managed 2 consecutive years of driving without a serious crash.:rasp:

How those cup owners are still alive without either i'll never know.

RS 172+
I just set mine to 16 degrees when I bought my 172, and haven't had to worry about it since.

Sure worked well today :approve:

172 Cup
Man the "Full fats" are slow enough with all that unecessary weight without having the air-con on as well sapping power - Would be quicker walking! All you needs a Cup and an ice lolly! :p

Clio 182FF
I do enjoy seeing sweaty people with their window down looking like they're about to die in their cars while I'm sitting in my little ice box cocoon! :)

Clio 172 Cup
Man the "Full fats" are slow enough with all that unecessary weight without having the air-con on as well sapping power - Would be quicker walking! All you needs a Cup and an ice lolly! :p

Lol, Air Con is handy but I wouldn't swap my Cup for any other renault right now (apart from maybe an R26R).
Both the windows down and let off mid bend, that gets some air flow through the cabin, he he

RS Clio 182
Iv only had my cup for a month and never noticed the difference with no abs, is it really as bad as everyone is making out to not have it?
Not fussed about air-con i like to drive with the windows down in the summer :)

172 Cup
Think I'll just use a car with "proper" air-con when its hot. trying to rehang exhaust on the Clio anyway!

ChangingExhaust1.gif

immaculate clio 172
climate control is great wouldnt do without it, just had it re gassed etc so like a freezer now only had my 2002 172 a couple weeks, went to look at a cup model 1st and it was a tidy car but ended up walking away simply because of the lack of aircon as have had this in my last 2 cars and wont do without it, and as for whoever said the full fat version is so slow calm down mate how much do you think a commpressor weighs lol just look at the figures mate when aircon is off the difference isnt worth talking about 0.1 sec or so and a well looked after 172 would nail a tired cup anyway's
renault stripped all the luxuries out of the cup then charged more for it and it wasn't even really any quicker anyway lol 11 stone person in a 172 and a 13 stone person in a cup = same car :rasp: anyway to warm to sit here any longer time to chill in the motor with the windows up of course lol

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
Iv only had my cup for a month and never noticed the difference with no abs, is it really as bad as everyone is making out to not have it?
Not fussed about air-con i like to drive with the windows down in the summer :)

yes its bad i have had 2 172 cups both when they lock up the rear wheels just keep rolling while you flat spot ur front ones. even at low speeds it seems to skid for a long time

still love cups though

RS Clio 182
climate control is great wouldnt do without it, just had it re gassed etc so like a freezer now only had my 2002 172 a couple weeks, went to look at a cup model 1st and it was a tidy car but ended up walking away simply because of the lack of aircon as have had this in my last 2 cars and wont do without it, and as for whoever said the full fat version is so slow calm down mate how much do you think a commpressor weighs lol just look at the figures mate when aircon is off the difference isnt worth talking about 0.1 sec or so and a well looked after 172 would nail a tired cup anyway's
renault stripped all the luxuries out of the cup then charged more for it and it wasn't even really any quicker anyway lol 11 stone person in a 172 and a 13 stone person in a cup = same car :rasp: anyway to warm to sit here any longer time to chill in the motor with the windows up of course lol

Then its lucky i weigh 11st :rasp:
From reading a review of the cup it stated that brand new it is cheaper then the normal 172 due to it not having as much on it. Its only different opinions it wouldnt do if everyone was the same!

Shed.
Poverty 1.2 FTW.

Windows down on the way home stuck in traffic.. stopped at a shop and bought a few Twisters..

EPIC.

Stuff your air-con ;).

LMAO.

I remember my old expression, fooking awful used to sit in traffik just baking. Then i upgraded to middle class dynarat with a/c lol.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
AC would be nice, but havin the windows down makes it feel like your more invloved somehow! Plus my aux belt change only cost me £15 the other day...bonus!

Clio 182FF
Isn't there some trick in the climate control/air con models? Some flap in the glove box that turns it into a mini fridge? Cool car and a cold beverage?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Saw a cup driver today in the 172, I had windows up chilling cup driver had both windows down and looked rather hot!

Titanium 182
I'm glad I'm getting a 182 soon after this weekend, it's too loud to have windows down on a motorway. Edinburgh > leeds in sweltering heat FTL.

320d
Air con ftw. Been realy good this week. However it would not be the difference between buying a car or not. Its useless for 50 weeks a year.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
lol - air con is great when you have it, but those that don't have it probably only miss it for 2 weeks of the year anyway.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lol

You dudes are kidding yourselves if you think windows down = man. I've been driving around in the works van with no A/C today..... Fail. :(