ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soon-to-be Clio owner :)

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm 18 and will be buying my first car either during May or early June... and I'm settled on a Clio!

Just thought I'd sign up and take a look around at all the 172's and 182's and my God I'm in love. I'm only looking at a 1.2 Dynamique Mk2 Ph2 but I really wanted to join the community and maybe get to some meets to get some real inspiration for things to do. I'm no chav looking to kit my car or put a bird perch on there, just nice subtle things..

My bro has a silver 172 phase 1 and whenever I see it I drool... Hoping that once I've got a fair few years under my belt I'll be ditching the 1.2 and going up until I can be insured on a 2.0.

So.. Hope you guys and gals don't mind a (soon-to-be) 1.2 owner sticking around! :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hi and Welcome :)

When you get your new car, get yourself along to a meet or 2!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Just been doing stupid amounts of insurance quotes.

Cheapest is with KwikFit at £1670 (includes 10% KwikFit discount, courtesy car, £30 KwikFit voucher and £150 personal belongings cover). Does this seem about right for 18 year old new driver on a £5k 1.2 clio (guessing that's good quote based on the other ones I was getting!).

clio 197, mazda rx7
welcome to cs,
have you tried churchill or direct line for your insurance???
im paying £1400 on mine through churchill, had quotes through compare the market and confused.com and the cheapest through both was around £2500!!! any ways keep looking and good luck

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Churchill wanted more and I'll just do a Direct Line one now..

Edit - Direct Line want £1,977.15

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
im 18 on the 1.4 16v dynamique i pay about £1200 i have a years no claims tho.
thats fully comp

clio 197, mazda rx7
Churchill wanted more and I'll just do a Direct Line one now..

Edit - Direct Line want £1,977.15

insurance companies are sooooo twisted, i have no idea how they work.
same thing happened with a friend of mine his 1 year older than me with 1 year ncb, went to insure his fiesta st with churchill and they wanted around £2000 and im pretty sure there a lower insurance group :S, oh well im not complaining lol

133, 182, Kangoo 182
£2650+ for elephant and admiral (both exactly the same quote form) and bell won't load for me at work.. possibly trying to filter it out because of name? lol I'll try at home tonight.

KwikFit seem to be the best option so far...

182-racing-blue

Give confused.com a try, they search loads and give you the best deal. I reduced my policy from 700 big ones to 298 littler ones going from Churchill to Esure. Good luck!!!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Done confused and same as moneysupermarket.. price was a lot more than the individual companies website with cheapest being KwikFit at £2303.22.. a fair bit more than I was quoted from KwikFit themselves. :s

1.8 Civic EX
Hi Matt, welcome to the club...

keep your eye out for meets etc, I'll add you to my list so you'll get the odd PM from myself every now and then letting you know whats going on.

Get your brother on here too if he isn't already!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Thanks that sounds great.

I'll tell my bro to get on here tonight.. no excuse as he steals my laptop all the time lol.

that price sounds about right to be honest. Welcome btw and dont worry about not having a Clio yet, I have a punto and am still here and the missus is a member and she hasnt even had her first lesson yet!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
More quotes.. down to £1543 but with £650 excess. I guess that's the price I'm gonna have to pay until I can prove I can drive...