ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony

Does anyone know of any good head unit which i can wack into a clio and keep the existing in-car stalk controls?
I already have a Sony MD player in my clio and u can plug ur old controler in no probs to sonys but i want a better head unit really when i get my new car.

If u guys have any suggestions they would be most appreciated

Cheers

sony HU can use the renault stalk controls but u need to buy a lead for it, cost £40, heard its a bas..rd to install coz u got to take the dash off.

Yeah, autoleads has developed a new controlled (PC9-500 i think is the part number) as this allows for the remote stalk AND the remote display to work. About £40 if you can get it as Renault has taken all their supply so far.
I think the dash has to come off if you want to connect it to the remote display. Will find out soon as Im going to be doing this with my Sony.

It does exist as I got this product number from one of the guys there (try emailing them about it) I think it replaces the PC9-112 or something. I am going to wait for this cable to be availalbe before I install my MD stuff. Guess I can live with big ugly CDs for a while

I used to work in Halfords (Please see the used to bit) The leads are esy to get hold of and install in about 2 seconds, no faffing with the dash. If u have an old Clio without a display the lead is 32.99 and if u have a display it costs 35.99. Both will take about 7 days to get in.

Its just like fitting an ISO adapter plug and play.

I was Just wondering if u guys know of any other makes other than sony that can do this kind of thing as i would really like a different head unit.

Cheers Peeps

Alpine produce adaptors for thier headunits that work with the steering wheels controls. Will not make the display though.

Carl

spoke to autoleads about the PC9-500 and they say it is still in testing and not available to public yet... they are still checking to see if it actually works :)

Bugger, I was emailed and told that it was ready but renault had pre-ordered a load so it would be a while before it reaches the likes of halfords.