ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson W810i Announced.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=PHP1_10376&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10376

GPD_28664high_28_0_4000.jpg

Slightly better looking, seems to be 20mb down on internal memory.

Internaly it now has EDGE support and its quad band. both of which are useless in the uk.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Theres no lens cover, but im told the lens is still recessed so it cant be damaged.

Push to talk is all but dead, the next new thing will be VOIP services using wifi/3g hybrid handsets. But orange MIGHT be doing a PTT service on thier pay as you go network using specific phones.
They also announced some portable speakers for the k750i/w800i and any compatible phone.

Cebit show in a few months will show a new walkman phone in flip form and a couple of other surprises.

Seems a bit of a nothing phone IMO, not enough extras and additions to the w800, just a way of getting more money out of everyone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
JJ! said:
Seems a bit of a nothing phone IMO, not enough extras and additions to the w800, just a way of getting more money out of everyone.

Thats a bit of a weird statement as nobody who has a w800i will buy one.
Its aimed at the contract market so nobody will actually pay for it anyway. The handset isnt different enough to upset w800i owners unlike some "i" nokias that have come and gone in the past.

SE are trying to break the us market and thats the main reason for the handsets existance (EDGE is big there as is 850mhz/1900mhz)

Mk2 Golf GTI
I dont like the no lens cover bit, seems stupid not to include that.

Fair enough my K700i lens didn't get physically damaged but it still got dirt and greasy fingermarks in it.

Nice looker though, slightly more funky than the K750

TT 225
Just looks nicer in black than that white!

Tom - do you know when the P990i is being released?

Audi S3 225
Dansta said:
much better looking! that god awful dirty white and orange was vomit worthy.

You can actually get replacement covers for these phones, i came close to buying the k750 black case and was gonna put it on my w800 but decided not too and just bought another w800 case. I was gonna leave the middle part orange and have the front and back black casing, would have looked wicked.

You can get them here, a little expensive but they are original replacemts

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7126.htm

lol i tryed to change my old s700i cover and i wish i had never bothered. iwas was like trying to take apart nasa mars ranger. there was so meny bits and cbales and screws it was unreal.