ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New sonyericsson w700i

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just made some calls about this because it bothered me.

Its identical to the w800i but with a 256mb card. The "rename" is to make sure it wont hurt w810i sales. (as for uk use the w800i is a superior spec to the w810i memory wise)

Its good news in a way because the w700i should be at least £50 cheaper than the w810i.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm able to get an upgrade with o2 from today onwards. Can't decide if I should wait for the Nokia N80 to replace my 6630 or possibly choose the SE W810i.

Again, they've messed it up with WALKMAN plastered on it.

I want a w810i.. with no walkman. Then, that would be *perfect* :p

The w810i IMO is better than the w800i - i have changed recently. It feels & looks more compact even though it is not! feels better put together, the dpad feels better than joystick. the screen is much better, the mp4 playback is improved and its a better colour!

the w700i seems... pointless imo! its just a w800i?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
JJ! said:
The w810i IMO is better than the w800i - i have changed recently. It feels & looks more compact even though it is not! feels better put together, the dpad feels better than joystick. the screen is much better, the mp4 playback is improved and its a better colour!

the w700i seems... pointless imo! its just a w800i?

Screen is identical on the w800i/w810i/k750 etc..

W810i is quad band w800i isnt w810i is 10mb down memory wise too.

SE have got some decent phones coming out, in particular the K800 and the W950 but the W900 still stands out for me.
Just to flog my 8800 and ill have one!

Tom said:
Screen is identical on the w800i/w810i/k750 etc..

W810i is quad band w800i isnt w810i is 10mb down memory wise too.

w810i has:

Quad band
- Edge
- Full HTML browser (NetFront).
- Over the air sotware update.
- Newerv version of SyncML.
- Light sensor (adjusts the keypad light according to the surrounding environment).
- background SMS sending
- copy/paste text
- flash-based menus
- Red eye reduction - an improved function which reduces the red eye effect
- Flash Lite - supported fully, including realization of the interfaces in third party programs
- The joystick is replaced with a navi button
- new program for synchronization with a PC. It allows creating SMS/MMS, synchronizing data with MS Outlook, making data archives
- EDGE class 10