ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something I just noticed

Was looking at my car today, and I noiced that the drivers door side hasnt got a keyhole thing and the passenger side does. Does anyone know why?

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

I was just about to ask the exact same question, had a cat1 alarm fitted to my new clio the other day, and the guy asked, err, wheres ure keyhole, heh. But theres one on the passenger side. Ive looked thru all the pics of peoples cars on here, they all have one on the drivers side?

Whats up with this?

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think its because the central locking takes care of the doors other than the drivers. And in France the drivers door is on the left.

maybe its a stolen europen car which the french mob stole and changed it to right hand drive in a back street mob garage to sell in the uk?

How new is your car? Boguth mine a few months ago. Maybe its for security?

Wot alarm u get fitted? I was looking for one as im about to fit some new ice.

Cars a couple of weeks old. Had a sigma alarm installed, it was part of the package from renault. This new one is claimed from insurance, cause some arse wrote off the old one, and they dont fit cat1 alarms anymore on the 1.4s. So they did it afterwards, and upgraded it to cat1.

I would of had some decent clifford one put in if i wasnt getting it for free.

Get a clifford :)

But then again, thinking about it, ive had alot of probs with my clifford on my other clio not disarming...

Can i fit a new alram that will work with the central locking key button, cos i cant be dealing with carrying another remote!

trabant,

when my factory fitted alarm/ immoboliser packed up on on my willy, renault quoted me £450 for a replacement. I went to an independant, and they charged me £210 for complete replacement including new central locking plip key

With the sigma alarm, u can use the original keyfob with the key on it. Cause apparently the clios are fitted with sigma to start with or somethin. So renault appointed toad to upgrade it to sigma cat1 alarm. (toad own sigma?)

yeah my 03 clio has a lock on the passenger side (lazy french bas**rds)

Got a Cobra fitted last week with duel zone sensors, and it works of the original reno key. Seems well good!!

my car is the same delocked on the drivers side i thought it was rather odd and didnt notice the lock was on the passenger door till a couple of weeks ago

If needed just in case the battery dies on the key, why isnt on the drivers side? Or are the french f**kers too lazy to change it for a UK car???

Someone said,

It was for security.. someone trying to get in on the passenger side is much more suspicious.. or something like that.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..im sure glad I had locks on my car when the sensor on the roof got water in it, twice, first time the dealer said the plippers dead, theres water in the sensor and duly replaced it without fixing the leak around the aerial, 2 weeks later and a rain storm and it died again....they fixed it properly second time though!

Adrian