ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone hit my cup, what to do?

172 cup
I have just found a note under my wiper saying

"I reversed into your car, dont know how to contact you"

The guy ledt his name (Karl) and his number but I'm getting his answer machine. Left a message and sent a text asking him to contact me. I'm from Belfast but am living in Dublin. Should I go to the Gards (police) and report the incident now or ring them in the morning if he hasn't contacted me?? Bastaaaarrrrrdddd!!!!

Slightly concerned about my insurance in the Republic of Ireland and the fact that my car is Northern Registered.:mad:

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
At least he left a note, I would try contacting him a few more times over the next few days then see what happens.

Racing blue 182
id report it but give him a couple of days to return your call etc. he may be old so might not use his phone much?

172 cup
Theres damage to the door but not too severe. To make it worse I have to drive up north tomorrow for my MOT which I hope it wont affect. Don't know whether i should leave it, think maybe to report the incident anyway.

172 cup
He doesnt sound old on his answer fone message. Dont know why he would have his fone off at this time. Door is fucked to be fair. He wouldn't have left a number at all though surely if he was gonna split.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Sorry to hear this. To be honest, you are very lucky that hes left you a note in the first place. Someone scuffed the corner of my Clio recently and just took off :mad:

I would wait a few days and let him get back to you. I hope there wasnt much damage done.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
He doesnt sound old on his answer fone message. Dont know why he would have his fone off at this time. Door is f**ked to be fair. He wouldn't have left a number at all though surely if he was gonna split.

At this time?! Its ten o clock at night, Maybe he works early mornings! Just give him a chance ffs.

RB 182 Cup
Sorry to hear this. To be honest, you are very lucky that hes left you a note in the first place. Someone scuffed the corner of my Clio recently and just took off :mad:

I would wait a few days and let him get back to you. I hope there wasnt much damage done.

same someone drove into me and all they left was their paint on my car :mad:

172 cup
Too dark outside to get a decent foto. The whole door panel is fairly severely dented in and the bit running along the door is broken. nO damage to tanything other than the door panel though luckily enough. You not think I hould at least report it now, not lookin to get the guy in s**t but I won't be able to do anything again til Monday evening as I'll be up north.

172 cup
Give him a chance ffs?

I'll give him a dig in the teef ffs.

I'm not in the best of moods to be honest, don't know how thefuck he managed to hit it at all. Think he must have been drunk and thats why he doesn't want me to contact him now. CNUT

sounds as though you're just going to have to wait. someone was once kind enough to leave me a note after having damaged one of mine; assuming it's genuine, it's a pretty decent thing to have done and you'll not do yourself any favours huffing and puffing on his answerphone

172 cup
I'm not givin him grief just left one civil message. Think I'm gonna have to go to the garda station tonight to report it as I have to back to the North for my MOT straight after work tomorrow and I don't want to leave it til after the weekend.

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
report....if he doesnt reply and you report the police sation too late the insurance company could just say f**k off your reported too late and give some lame excuse.

dont take the risk....if he does come through...could always remove the report from the five o lol

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
X2!!!! exacly what i said in the 1st place.....put it through asap....remove charges if he comes through .... simple as and you will save yourself from headaches if he does not come through.

Cant trust anyone these days trust me.

172 cup
Goin in to the station after skins. Just wanna report the incident rather than press charges, I dont even know anythig about him other than his first name and his phone number so think its the safest plan.

Cheers forthe advice anyway.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Seemed a bit abrupt giving the guy a couple hours when he could have been doing anything... my phone is off for about half a day.

Hope it's sorted though, should be plenty of Cup doors at breakers that you can salvage to keep costs down!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
He could of been riding his missus like no tomorrow and turned his phone off so some c**t didn't interupt for all you know.

At least give the guy a chance yes its a pain he hit your car but at least he had the decency to leave a note most people wouldn't even do that so i wouldn't abuse him on here as the next time you may not be so lucky.

172 cup
Reporting the incident in no way removes any "chance" that you keep asking me to give him. There is however a chance that he may not come through and by simply reporting the incident I have covered myself for this eventuality.

As for him the fact that he may have been riding his missus......... so f**k?

172 cup
I have already been to the police to reprt the incident. It is not like I'm pressing charges, I don't know the guys name or his reg or anything so that would be difficult. The gard said it was standard practice not to leave it long before you report such an incident and as I will not be in the south until Monday evening last night was the last chance I will have. This in no way puts any further pressure or strain on the guy who seems like hes a decent lad any way.

When someone causes damage to your property which will prove costly I hardly think the mind set to adopt is "I'll give him a few days to see if he rings me without reporting the incident and speak nicely about him on an internet board in case karma comes round and bites my ass."

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wonder how this works because he made attempt at leaving details, leaving the scene of an accident is a big boo boo in the police's eyes and can cause you serious headache if they catch you...!

Clio 197
I would leave the Gardai out of it for the moment. Number one, they don't give a shite, and number two they just might want you to register the car in the Republic and you don't want to do that.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
The Gardai are a little bit nuts to say the least, had 2 incidents with them and both times i stood there completely baffled that the officers had no profesionalism or rules to follow!

R.I.P Clio
Cant trust anyone these days trust me.

Haha nice 1! makes sense?!?! :rasp:

I hate police they are rubbish, my old Fiesta got broke into a few years ago, they came out followed procedure, wasted my time with a statement, they got finger prints found out who did it arrested him and thats the last i heard, ive seen the lad around the college I work at a few times, very frustrating I wanna back slap him! people dont give a s**te anymore grrr :(

Hope summit gets sorted for ya mate!!