ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Somebody Help, Misfire Issues

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you can give me some advice before I give up on this car :boring:

From day one it has been plauged with electrical issues making it run poorly,

The most recent one which I cant seem to get to the bottom of is the car misfiring loads and almost stalling when cold, the problem isnt anywhere near as bad after a minute or so but misfire is still noticeable at low revs,

I have tried the following:
  • Changed coil pack & spark plugs
  • Cleaned Throttle Body
  • Took rocker cover off and gave the engine a good clean and checked for any blocked breather pipes
  • Replaced the MAP sensor
  • Replaced the Coolant Temp Sensor
  • Took off the black box at the back of the engine and repaired wiring
  • Replaced lambda sensor before cat
  • Replaced TDC sensor

The list goes on and on to be honest and the car is still running very poorly and showing poor MPG,

Now I am running out of ideas but since I have thrown so much money at this car trying to get it fixed it would seem a shame to give up now,

I have been reading people saying NGK spark plugs and Renaults dont agree (those are what I put in when also changing the coil pack) so I have some original Renault spark plugs on order.

Can anyone else think of anything that may be worth trying other than the obvious and scrapping this french pile of crap
rolleyes.gif

I was thinking if all else fails go down the route of replacing the wiring loom, does anyone have any expierenced with this?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Sam

Clio 1.2 16v
I thought this and thats why I replaced the old original plugs with NGK's but upon a lot of reading it seems they come with Champion plugs so I have ordered 4 of these.

Would faulty plugs really cause such an issue though and flag up the engine management light on my dash?

Thanks!

Clio 1.2 16v
Injectors is next on my list of things to change, No I havent tried a compression test, How would I go about doing one?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think diagnostics should be next on your list... As Jonny said above in #2 - then you'll know exactly what is causing the MIL to be on in the first place