ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some scummy f**k drilled into my petrol tank to steal the fuel!

Clio 172 Cup
My garage managed to patch it up using Steel Weld 2 part epoxy - hopefully it'll hold as I don't fancy shelling out £300 for a new tank.

www.renparts.co.uk
Thats basically the only reason we ever sell fuel tanks, if someone has drilled it! We also sold a 182 seat to someone before, as some had prized the door open to steal the seat :S

Thats basically the only reason we ever sell fuel tanks, if someone has drilled it! We also sold a 182 seat to someone before, as some had prized the door open to steal the seat :S

Sorry what? :L

Also gutted about the tank being drilled into. That's crazy they could have killed themselves so easily and it's what £50 of fuel if full?

Clio 172
There are some f*****g retards out there, drilling a fuel tank of a Clio ffs, if your lucky you'll get £30 of fuel they aren't exactly the largest tanks known to man, I'm sure my lunch box is bigger.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Happens a lot unfortunately. I know its only 30 - 50 notes but if you did ten cars in one night its not a bad living!

BMW M135i
My garage managed to patch it up using Steel Weld 2 part epoxy - hopefully it'll hold as I don't fancy shelling out £300 for a new tank.
All petrol clio tanks are the same, scrappers for a "new" one for far less. I wouldn't be comfortable with the epoxy, a lot of them aren't petrol resistant.

Astra H vxr
thieving w****** , when i used to have a saxo some one broke into it without damaging it atall, opened my bonnet nicked my battery and shut the bonnet and locked the door back, WTF!! theres crazy people out there :mad: only relised next morning when i went to start it and it wouldnt , so got so jump leads to jumpstart it and relised i didnt have a battery :/

thieving w****** , when i used to have a saxo some one broke into it without damaging it atall, opened my bonnet nicked my battery and shut the bonnet and locked the door back, WTF!! theres crazy people out there :mad: only relised next morning when i went to start it and it wouldnt , so got so jump leads to jumpstart it and relised i didnt have a battery :/

They were considerate and locked it though. Some pikeys in colchester stole some £1500 alloys off a vectra and replaced them with standard wheels. Atleast they are thinking about the consequences of someone not being able to get to work

Ibiza FR Edition
Ouch! Bloody pikeys! Had to replace the fuel tank on my 1.2 16v as it leaked fuel out the top where the whole tank had distorted! My fault for not hping the car, I think it had perhaps had a rear end shunt, cost me almost £500 to sort it all out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Is it wrong to have PMSL at that?!

You have had a visit from what appears to be the most conscientious thief - clearly taking time not to damage your car and all for the sake of a £30 battery?! I'd be proper fecked off if that happened to me, but I think I'd see the funny side a while later. It could have turned out SO much worse.

D.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Is it wrong to have PMSL at that?!

You have had a visit from what appears to be the most conscientious thief - clearly taking time not to damage your car and all for the sake of a £30 battery?! I'd be proper fecked off if that happened to me, but I think I'd see the funny side a while later. It could have turned out SO much worse.

D.

hahaha

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just found out that my neighbours car that was parked next to mine last night had his tank drilled.
He said for his Megane Scenic it's £700 for a new one and scrap yards apparently have to drain any they get straight away because of all the new environmental laws out now. Not sure how true that is though?

182 FF
Sorry what? :L

Also gutted about the tank being drilled into. That's crazy they could have killed themselves so easily and it's what £50 of fuel if full?

I've just found out that my neighbours car that was parked next to mine last night had his tank drilled.
He said for his Megane Scenic it's £700 for a new one and scrap yards apparently have to drain any they get straight away because of all the new environmental laws out now. Not sure how true that is though?
How are they going to kill themselves?
Scrap yards will drain the tanks through the fuel lines.

RS Clio 200
Slightly off topic but similar....

Years ago my sister-in-laws husband had a 205 GTi and one night somebody put two bricks under the rear while it was stood at the side of his house and stole both rear wheels.

He came out in the morning to go to work, jumped in the car and...you know what happened next...

PB Clio 172
Drill through metal creates friction and possible sparks. Mixed that combination with petrol then yeahbang.

it would be pretty funny if the car blew up in his face all for the sake of theft of petrol, just not so fun for the owner of the car!

330i. E30 Touring.
As said, tanks are made of plastic.

You'd have to be incredibly unlucky to make it go bang by putting a hole in it.

Find someone breaking a car- the tanks usually end up in the bin because they don't sell.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
saw a tv program on scrapping cars and they had a hydaulic ram with a brass point to punture the fuel tank. the fuel ran down the centre of the point into a collecting tank.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
some years ago i had an old corsa. it never locked so i left nothing in it. one morning the glove box was open but it was empty so nothing gone.

3 days later went to take my son to school and realised they had nicked his car seat !!!!! how desperate can you be...

Ph1 ITB'd 172
They probably used a hand drill, for three reasons:

- No power needed (batteries won't run out)
- Quieter.
- Less chance of fire.

some years ago i had an old corsa. it never locked so i left nothing in it. one morning the glove box was open but it was empty so nothing gone.

3 days later went to take my son to school and realised they had nicked his car seat !!!!! how desperate can you be...
Same b******s would probably nick from a charity box, pure scum. Hope they got caught.

172 Cup
Nice bit of casual bigotry.

Never did see all those pikeys at the London riots.

You wouldn't, they were probably all keeping themselves bust stealing anything that they could weigh in as scrap knowing fine well that the Police were tied up elsewhere.

It sounds like bigotry blaming the pikeys for it but if the cap fits................

Golf GTD Mk7
Hmm I might coat mine in a layer of gunpowder to kill the c-unit if they tried

how would that make any difference. Tanks are plastic these days. No spark ;) Plus the car would go up with it.

Can't believe people do this. The world is going to s**t.

ITB BG 182
its almost tempting to put a sheet of metal under the tank within reaching point for this to happen, then its more likely to go bang.

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob

u dont have to go inside a saxo to open bonnet. just put ur hand under passener wheel arch and pull on bonnet cable and up she pops