ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some pics of my Mk.1 Ph.3 16V

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Here some pics of my Mk.1 Ph.3 1,6 16V

SANY0175k.JPG

SANY0178k.JPG

SANY0179k.JPG

SANY0180k.JPG

SANY0184k.JPG

SANY0187k.JPG

SANY0191k.JPG

motor3.jpg

SANY0189k.JPG

SANY0176k.JPG

SANY0177k.JPG

SANY0184k.JPG

SANY0174k.JPG

SANY0173k.JPG

SANY0172k.JPG

SANY0190k.JPG

This is the family car, a normal Mégane GT 1,6 16V

SANY0006klein.jpg

and this my R18 Variable, which will get the modified engine of a R5 Alpine Turbo and wheels auf the A310 V6....

vorhalle_seite.JPG

regards

Oliver

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is that a MK2 Ph1 front bumper? i didnt notice that at first, that suits it, actually looks good black!

seems to pull well in that acceleration video!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Yes it´s a Mk.2 front bumper, I kept it black because I like it red and black and better put the money into engine optimisation...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i like stripes, black bumper etc only one bit im not to sure on is the front light eyebrow things but once again im just not sure on them cant decide if i like them or not.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Martin_89 said:
is that a MK2 Ph1 front bumper? i didnt notice that at first, that suits it, actually looks good black!

seems to pull well in that acceleration video!

Yeah noticed that!
Looks like a tidy conversion, was it a pain or quite straighforward?

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
EvilJohn said:
Yeah noticed that!
Looks like a tidy conversion, was it a pain or quite straighforward?

No it was no big deal, needed only to cut some areas and make some brackets by myself.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
EvilJohn said:
Was the wiring not a b*tch?! Good on you doing it yourself, tahts what I like to see!

Oh, you are speaking about the engine and not the front bumper, sorry....

O.K. that was not that easy, the wiring was not so a big deal but to re-marry my original Imobilizer with the K4M ECU was tricky.

Second thing was the exhaust hose between manifold and cat. In the Clio1 it´s concepted for two 90° angles, in the Clio2 it goes through in 45° and the hole beween subframe and floor is in the Clio1 very narrow, so the engine bearings (use also an additional from the R19) are now very hard to avoid too big engine movement.

None
Loving the car - unsure about the styling but I like it anway :) - When you got your old engine (the d7f) engine rolling roaded at 68bhp with your manifold, did you have a decat pipe fitted??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oliver_K4M said:
Oh, you are speaking about the engine and not the front bumper, sorry....

O.K. that was not that easy, the wiring was not so a big deal but to re-marry my original Imobilizer with the K4M ECU was tricky.

Second thing was the exhaust hose between manifold and cat. In the Clio1 it´s concepted for two 90° angles, in the Clio2 it goes through in 45° and the hole beween subframe and floor is in the Clio1 very narrow, so the engine bearings (use also an additional from the R19) are now very hard to avoid too big engine movement.

Cool, good on you for taking on the project, thought it would be the immobilisers that would cause the problems!!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
Maxx said:
Loving the car - unsure about the styling but I like it anway :) - When you got your old engine (the d7f) engine rolling roaded at 68bhp with your manifold, did you have a decat pipe fitted??

No it wasn´t decated, it was stock, in addition to the manifold I had only installed a mid-silencer replacement and a Remus back-box, that were normally for the Valver, that has increased the outer hose diameter from 45mm to 53mm.

And I made an effektive modification to the stock air-box, you can follow this link, it´s in german, but nice pics anyway: http://forum.cliogarage.de/board/index.php?topic=17645.0

Especially the manifold, I measured before and after. The result was that I gained no hp at all, the maximum power and also the revs where it was kept the same. But the torque increased a lot, before I hat 98Nm at about 4000rpm, after it were 105Nm at nearby 2700rpm. Perhaps with some remapping of the ECU more might have been possible.

Regarding the styling, I know well that´s nothing special, but I´m no friend of special effects and the Gordini stripes are legacy....;)

None
Cheers for the guide - i'll get it translated and will give me something to do over the next weekend or so :) my cars putting out 70.45bhp with 78lbs of torque with the manifold, de-cat, scorpion exhuast from a Valver and ive run a cold air feed from the front bumper to the airbox. I maybe able to squeeze a little more out of it now :)

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
So, I did some silght modifiacations for this year...

- painted the wheels black
- air scoop now really welded in
- ph.2 grill
- mud flaps
- OEM rear silencer

SANY0114.jpg

SANY0115.jpg

SANY0116.jpg

SANY0118.jpg

SANY0119.jpg

SANY0122.jpg

SANY0123.jpg

SANY0124.jpg

SANY0125.jpg

SANY0126.jpg

SANY0127.jpg

SANY0128.jpg

SANY0129.jpg

SANY0130.jpg

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
I repositioned the rear muffler and painted it black, now I think that´s O.K.
In addition I installed a middle-silencer with 60mm in- and outlet.
The the noise is pretty low and the back-pressure didn´t also increase...

Oliver-070528221338.JPG

clio-hint.JPG

clio_auspuff_schwarz_3.jpg

SANY0017.JPG

SANY0018.JPG

and a custom "induction kit".

SANY0313.JPG

SANY0277r.JPG

SANY0275.JPG

regards
Oliver

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks minto!

Whats it lowered on? Or did i miss that in an earlier post?

RenaultSport 172.
smart as...
The red one reminds me off my old rl for some reson...the appearance of it lark...

valver looks quite nice too =]

Fiat Panda 100hp
Looks mint, I would have painted the alloys white though. That 16v is amazing. Love the interior.

db_Bild_0089.jpg

db_Bild_0098.jpg