ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid gearbox mount washer?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Hi all,

I got a solid mount from a mate when he broke his ph1 for £10 (He bought the car with it on and didn't know what it was)

The issue is that all the mounts I've seen for sale have a washer cable tied to the mount, and I don't have one.

Is it required or is there an alternative?

Barry

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Nah, I mean the top gearbox mount mate. I'll have to grab a picture if I can find it

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Oh wait a minute, I've just found an old photo and it does look to have the washer!

14f4da9896783bece63f3c9b06cadd3a.jpg

May have wasted your time aha sorry!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure it's a m10 flat washer. Try the nyloc, if it's 17mm then it's a m10 thread, so it'll be m10 flat washer. Or 3/8th if your working with imperial numbers.

If I'm wrong (which I don't think it is) it'll most likely be the size down so m8. Or 5/16 in imperial numbers. However the nylocs are blue so it's definitely a metric thread.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Yes washer is required. Fairly certain it goes on the bottom though. It's a rather thick one. If I remember I'll measure up the mount I have in the garage tomorrow. Remind me.