ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So you can only keep ONE of your apple products...

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Which would it be and why?

For me it would have to be the MacBook pro

iPhone and iPad are awesome bits of kit, but there are others that do a similar job, whereas with the MacBook, not hin comes close

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Well no one's buying it, so no harm done. LOL.

If it was an £600 Acer sh*tter, I'd have to fight CS'ers off with a colour-coded stick. Not so with premium products.

Take it apart. Glue the insides into a cheap plastic case. Write '4GHz0rz + 64GBRAMzor" on it with a felt tip pen. Hey presto.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Brilliant.

I'd take it apart, but no one outside of Apple can dismantle them. Exposure to awesome is dangerous.

/Applecare.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
MacBook Pro.

Because it's the closest thing to perfect when it comes to computers.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
iphone, since i use it all day every day, I work all over the place and its so handy always being connected wherever i am

Next to that is my MBP, purely because it works. Had to use a couple of windows 7 laptops over the last couple of days and they are a crock of shite, only MS could bring out a new OS that is a backwards step from its 10 year old one.

ipod i dont really use, if i had to use public transport i'd rate it highly but i dont

MK2 Clio
Gotta be iPhone as I could build a hackintosh and iPad's arn't that great compared to my macbook imac and iphone :)

Oil Burner
My MBP, If you have to use a laptop (that i do unfortunately) its the least awkward to use. The gestures, spaces, hot corners, great keyboard make using a small screen more bearable.

S4 Avant
Slightly limited in my choice, since I only have an original iPod nano and now an iPhone.

Only just got the iPhone 4 on Monday, and I have to say, apple really do know how to present a product. Brilliant little thing, that does everything, and works!

I wish my desktop didn't have to be a games monster. I'd replace it tomorrow with an iMac 27"

In fact in a few months I might just add one next to my games PC. Can you run PC video into the iMac's display?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
iphone for me tbh. really couldn't live without that.

i will be getting an imac when i eventually get a bit more settled and find a new gaff to live in.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'm tempted to say my MBP. As much as i love the iPhone 4, I think other devices such as the Desire HD are catching it up or at least doing a good job as a smart phone.

However NOT A SINGLE PC on the market comes even close to the quality, usability and sexual design of the MBP

Monaro VXR
I wish my desktop didn't have to be a games monster. I'd replace it tomorrow with an iMac 27"

In fact in a few months I might just add one next to my games PC. Can you run PC video into the iMac's display?

You can but it needs to be a mini display output. The iMac seems to be quite sensitive to display outputs. A lot of people have issues getting them to play nice with GPU's. ATI 5870's won't work at all unless they are the Mini Displayport versions for instance. Normal displayport to mini resulted in no video output. Same with some nvidia cards. As long as you have a newer GPU with mini display port should work fine. Couple forums with 100+ page threads with people trying various GPU's out on them to see what does and does not work. So best to check them out before hand.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Worst 'I've never used a 27" iMac post ever.

Have done, and it's fantastic. Epic, even.

But is it portable? No. MacBook Pro is the best all-rounder. It runs smooth, I can use it wherever I want, it looks nice... in fact, I'm not sure there is anything wrong with it. Except the smaller screen, which still looks 100x better than any other laptop screen.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The only downside of the 27" imo is the fact it doesn't fit on my lap infront of the TV.