ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So who got on Car Throttle? RB182

clio 182 trophy
I thought that was tidy tbh. The owner is obviously happy with it and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Good to see imo.

Ph1 track car, Dci
I found it cringy. The music and the way he's talking about the car.

Video looks very professional though.

Probably.

I thought he summed it up well myself.
Wasn't a pikey with a ruined car and the video wasn't all BWAAAAAAAAAAAA
It looked like he cared for his machine and I'm glad they picked him. Honest guy with an honest car.

Seem to remember the chap is an aspiring journalist, good video IMO. Just needed a little extra work on the scripting.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Bit cringeworthy the way he kept randomly throwing the word dynamic in for no reason and not sure he quite understands what's really required to get one driving like new handling wise if he thinks just the shocks will do it. But at least he is enthusiastic and it looks a decent example.
Wasnt as terrible as I was expecting.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Yeah, you got me. I've been working with the CT guys a bit and they thought my 182 would be perfect for a vid.

I tried to keep it honest, I didn't want to come across all rose-tinted and say the car isn't without its faults. Plus this wasn't scripted, it's all on the spot answers, at 7am, in the freezing cold!

You've got to remember this is a summary of a good 25 mins of conversation, so anything that's repeated in the space of a min on the vid would have been 15 mins apart when we were recording.

I didn't want to delve too far into details, but I've refreshed more than the shocks; springs, wishbones and top mounts were also replaced.

Mike duff at Evo has driven my car and confirmed it felt like new, so I'm confident saying it's at least the same as a low miler!

Guys we need to represent the Clios on the Car Memes Facebook page. Some guy seems to think a Mk6 Fiesta ST is a better at being a hot hatch. It's a great car no doubt, but I'm not having that! Especially since he basically says the 182 is crap!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't think we do need to worry dynamic about some guy on whatever the "car memes Facebook" page is. Prob better dynamic if you don't let things like that effect your sleep patterns dynamic.

edit: forgot to throw the word dynamic in randomly for no reason. Fixed.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I thought it was good. Sums up people being passionate about their cars, irrespective about what car it is. I like motoring journalism / clips like that.

I'm also happy you seem to be more than capable of stringing a sentence together and not some chav muppet tearing around the place using text speak. Means we are being 'represented' more accurately than normal.

Video is OK. Doesn't really tell you much other than the guy is a reader and that's his car...

Also, their YT channel is pretty awful.

Think I'll stick to Drive and EVO, ta.

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Thanks Cub! That's the intention with the Readers' Rides pieces no doubt.

And fair enough JD, to be honest CT's target audience is probably younger than most people would expect - they're massive on a global scale so it's more a case of deliberate marketing and tailoring of the content. The guys at Evo and Drive are of course targeting a more mature audience, and definitely a good proportion of people with a larger disposable income. I know as I'm working at Evo while Stephen Dobie's away (look out for my stuff on Geneva!). Totally different types of journalism really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks Cub! That's the intention with the Readers' Rides pieces no doubt.

And fair enough JD, to be honest CT's target audience is probably younger than most people would expect - they're massive on a global scale so it's more a case of deliberate marketing and tailoring of the content. The guys at Evo and Drive are of course targeting a more mature audience, and definitely a good proportion of people with a larger disposable income. I know as I'm working at Evo while Stephen Dobie's away (look out for my stuff on Geneva!). Totally different types of journalism really.

His blue clio is way cooler:
DA4672BD2F4E06F8DFE328F1CA464_h498_w598_m2.jpg

Will keep an eye out for some dynamic articles, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah it is bloody cool I agree. Dynamic chassis included

dynamic
dʌɪˈnamɪk/
adjective
adjective: dynamic
(of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress

Thanks to rust, if there is one thing that a williams chassis is, its "characterized by constant change" so you certainly got that bit right ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
No doubt Stephen will agree with his recent throttle cable snap. The car was far more 'static' at that point

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You said it was Black ph1s! !

We have those as well!

And if you want the full set of cool kid cars you also need some sort of mad mid engined creation with far too much power for the (dynamic) chassis as well.

DSC_1826.jpg

Clio 172
I didn't think there was anything Cringe about the video at all, just someone given there honest view on a Clio Sports, and being positive about the experience, good vid.