ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So much better, Eibach's fitted!

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Got round to fitting the Eibach Pro Kit springs over the weekend to replace the God awful Apex springs that were on the 182 when I bought it. And what a difference! They're so much more compliant, the car doesn't crash around all over the road, the ride is improved no end as well. The car sits a lot better too, rather than looking too low in my opinion like it used to.
Was really not impressed with the Apex's. Not just the ride, but because they're so harsh they don't even make for a fast road setup. Going along a back road, any small imperfection or manhole cover I'd find the car crash and skip across the road to the point where driving quickly was a chore rather than a pleasure.
Also measured up the hub bolt spacing and found out I've got Cup suspension too!
Was struggling to fall in love with this car at first but am very impressed with it now.

I've recently fitted AMAX (re-branded APEX) and find them perfectly fine on the road, my car does not crash around one bit. Maybe they have been re-designed as they certainly don't give any of the complaints above.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Maybe they've changed a bit then (hopefully they have). Just the design and finish of them once I pulled them off I was shocked with: same coil spacing throughout the length of the coil, same thickness of metal on the spring, very poorly finished ends. Looked like they'd just wound a piece of metal out to the right length and put it on sale.
I think on a track car, they'd be fine, but as a fast road (and a daily at that) I just didn't get on with them.

Maybe they've changed a bit then (hopefully they have). Just the design and finish of them once I pulled them off I was shocked with: same coil spacing throughout the length of the coil, same thickness of metal on the spring, very poorly finished ends. Looked like they'd just wound a piece of metal out to the right length and put it on sale.
I think on a track car, they'd be fine, but as a fast road (and a daily at that) I just didn't get on with them.
Its because they're linear design, not progressive like the Eibach springs.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Yes I know, but in my opinion doesn't make for a fast road spring. The manufacture didn't look good either like I said also, sharp, unfinished cuts. Look like a poorly done fracture split.

Yes I know, but in my opinion doesn't make for a fast road spring. The manufacture didn't look good either like I said also, sharp, unfinished cuts. Look like a poorly done fracture split.
Maybe not but at a 5th of the cost its a viable option over the 'premium' branded springs on the market. As above I find them fine for road and OK on track, if anything they are to soft on track, so cant imagine what the progressive springs feel like if these feel to soft for me.

Just for some real facts with just these springs fitted, my car coupled with new cup dampers and AMAX springs went around Aintree & Oulton Park 2s a lap quicker over the OE set-up.

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Yeah I agree, I think the value for money on a track car is good, and like you said will see great gains on track.

Titanium 182 FF
Looking to change the apex's on mine mate , not good springs in general but worn shocks probably don't help haha