ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton Track evening Thursday 4th April £59

172 Race Car
Be ideal for us to shakedown the race car for this season but its a bazzilion miles from us and a git to get to :dapprove:

C3 Picasso Beast
My car will have no bonnet at that point so even though I pointed it out originally I won't be going...

C3 Picasso Beast
Long story short bought a carbon one, lacquer peeled when aerocatches were fitted, I attacked it with a pressure washer and knife making it worse and now paying carbon place to sort it properly!

I'll be there next month though fingers crossed week starting 20th as long as something else don't give up :S

GSXR + KDX220
Oh right, that's a bugger....lol sounds like me,try and sort it out but make it worse :(

Out of interest, is it a local carbon place fixing it?

C3 Picasso Beast
Well I couldn't have had it on my car looking the way it did so thought I'd give it a go!

Place that is sorting is called Lustre Coatings and they're down Potash Lane @ Hethel near Lotus. Had a look around their workshop/at some of the work they'd done and they look like they'll do a proper job sorting it :)

Problem with carbon is that most body shops won't touch it!

172 Cup
Place that is sorting is called Lustre Coatings and they're down Potash Lane @ Hethel near Lotus. Had a look around their workshop/at some of the work they'd done and they look like they'll do a proper job sorting it :)

Problem with carbon is that most body shops won't touch it!

Ah did you speak to Jason by any chance? :)

The company I work for use Lustre Coatings for laquering carbon parts and my manager (who's worked for what I'd describe as 'motorsport royalty') says their work is some of the best he's ever seen. I've seen the results myself and, although I wouldn't really know any different, I'd say they were excellent too!

C3 Picasso Beast
He was at Snetterton the day I visited in his Dax Rush so I spoke to second in command, guy called Victor. They're work did look rather nice and they're doing my bonnet for a decent price as well :)

172 Cup
Where do you work Canary? I only ask as I work with carbon fibre too and nearby!

I work at Mussett Composites :) How about you?

He was at Snetterton the day I visited in his Dax Rush so I spoke to second in command, guy called Victor. They're work did look rather nice and they're doing my bonnet for a decent price as well :)

Yeah I've heard they're pretty fair on price considering the quality of the work. And that bonnet is going to look good as new once it's finished! Will you have it back on the car for the April EoE meet?

C3 Picasso Beast
Yeah should be as they said it will take about 2-3 days unless something unforeseen occurs but even then it should still be done. If it's not done I won't be at the meet...

172 Cup
Ahhhh yeah, does Sandy still work there? ;) I'm at cft in Wymondham

I don't know of a Sandy who works there, so I'm guessing not (I've only been there since August 2012). Do the names Darren, Roger or Matt ring any bells?

Ah yes I know CFT!

GSXR + KDX220
Hmmm, he must have left then, I've not spoken to him for a while! he used to work @ CFT :)

I dont know anyone else who works there so those names mean nothing lol Do you work in the "laminatrix" lol?

172 Cup
Hmmm, he must have left then, I've not spoken to him for a while! he used to work @ CFT :)

I dont know anyone else who works there so those names mean nothing lol Do you work in the "laminatrix" lol?

Ah right I see! :)

I work in the laminatrix occasionally, but most of the time I'm helping to reverse engineer stuff, so using CAD, plenty of measuring tools etc!