ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton today - CS @ MSV Track Day - 3. Feb

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sash and I had an early start this morning in the RB .. alarm went off at 5am to be out the door at 6. Didn't quite manage that but we were on the road and got up to Norfolk in good time - enough time to stand in the FREEZIN' ass cold queue for sign on before the briefing. That was not nice !

Pre-planned to grab a garage with Frayz and he rolled in to ours as we turned up - perfect timing ! The next 2 garages were also full of CSers too so quite a sociable day.

8442508430_9ed6c61839_z.jpg

Clios only. by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8441413845_d25845268e_z.jpg

The bean by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Frayz was in a different group to us so it worked out quite well that each of us was at the front when necessary.

8441412923_a219aebfa7_z.jpg

Pensive RB by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

I wandered out to the very windy start/finish straight to spectate and take a few pics... :eek:

8442506598_2df4a9b2cf_z.jpg

Rules are made to be broken by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8441418619_372a64ab39_z.jpg

Start:Finish by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8441413299_92fbf32895_z.jpg

Frayz holding everybody up by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8441419187_f2ae4c4265_z.png

Seven by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

I've a few more of CSers but I failed hard at the panning shots IMO :dapprove: Never mind !

Our car was OK .. brakes were a bit naff after abuse by one of the drivers (oh hai) and the tyres (UniRoyal RS2's) weren't ideal in the mildly damp/cold conditions but never mind. We made it home unscathed with our track day virginities far behind !! Frayz was man of the match however in the bean, taking the field by storm and getting some attention from the insecure RX8 lot back in the pits after they'd been demolished by the silly little orange shopping car haha !

Was a good day all in all .. got home 12 hours after the alarm went off so it'll be an early night tonight I think !! Nice to see a few new and a few old faces there.

Bedford in 2 weeks...

Can't wait !!!

:evil:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice one Rob, always regret not taking my Clio on track.

Sorry to hear about your car Greeny, but going from the other thread it sounds like it could've been worse!

LY 197 R27
It was colder standing watching haha some good pic's even got me in the grey hoody in the 5th pic lol. Was a good day spent most of it wishing I was on track though. Wasn't sure weather to come and say hello or not haha

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
It was colder standing watching haha some good pic's even got me in the grey hoody in the 5th pic lol. Was a good day spent most of it wishing I was on track though. Wasn't sure weather to come and say hello or not haha

We don't bite :) haha

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Belter of a day mate.

Took my lady on her first trackday yesterday to Snetterton 300.
We went in my daily, which is a stock Clio 182 with both "cup" upgrade packs. Didnt get overtaken by a single car all day, the clio was faultless and we were grinning like kids all day.
She absolutely loved it and can't wait to go again.

Snett3_zpsee547bd8.jpg

Snett15_zpsdfea7e4b.jpg

Snett26_zpsaa69816f.jpg

Snett35_zpscd1a7321.jpg

Snett42_zps1f7c018a.jpg

Snett43_zps85a56c7a.jpg

Snett55_zps24e7bd41.jpg

Dont we look a right pair! haha :D
F06CBD32-1386-4B57-84CD-A71E7D8428B1-1424-000000ECAA14076F_zpsadac8cd5.jpg

3AA57163-0DCA-4358-89C7-1DA0CE5E481D-1424-000000ECABB7EF28_zps9a4e4369.jpg

She knows shes my #1 ;)
38B891BE-C24A-4A2B-9676-FFEACA850173-1424-000000ECB03E2996_zps68ff1e9e.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Interesting plan Sam.. Track driving was rather daunting I must admit.

I'll drive anything on the roads without a worry. Silly fast cars, massive vans, left-hookers .. anything.

15 mins of Snett with a crash hat on watching out for bellends breaking the rules (late breaking as I'm turning into fast tight corners etc) and making sure I'm clear on the straights etc was tough going.

Don't push her into something she's not prepared for. It's very easy to miss a breaking point as you're watching some chump behind to ensure he's not going to take you out and it's game over. I had a couple of 'ohfcuk' moments in the RB :eek:

Bedford should be OK as there's MILES of run off apparently... might be a good one to start with :)

^ Sounds like a plan. Bedford or Llandow with Burp et al.

Nah, I'd never push her into it, but its something she wouldn't do of her own accord, despite being a proper petrol head and loving a good drive (I fear on track she'd be a annoyingly smooth without trying and therefore quicker than me lol!). Closest she's got so far is a driving experience day in a Gallardo (I'd like to add the instructor rated her better there as well!!!).

Frayz, looks like a brilliant day for you both! My kind of date lol!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Frayz - I'm still LOLing at the 'I look like I'm about to be fired out of a cannon' line on FB haha ! How much were the photos ? I didn't even think to see the 'tog :rolleyes:

Sam - Ha .. yeah, wimmin... best leave her in the kitchen so she can't show you up !

:drunk:

clio 172 cup
Lol! That's better.

That cup behind me was quite quick, is he anyone off here?

That was me :), only got the 172cup that week and on my first track day.
defo be going on more. Car is standard few upgrades should help (defo breaks)
that inferno was quick, standard on federal race tyres?

Audi A5
That was me , only got the 172cup that week and on my first track day.
defo be going on more. Car is standard few upgrades should help (defo breaks)
that inferno was quick, standard on federal race tyres?

Yeah that inferno is std apart from the Turinis which have the rsr's fitted.

Bug caught then? Where you looking to do next?

Last edited:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the inferno is completely stock except wheels and tyres.

Full weight 182 FF with additional passenger.
The only thing that made it quicker was the driver.
Trying hard not to sound a cocky git, tuition will be the modification that makes your car much faster, all those other upgrades are worth nothing if you can't use them.

As the 2 plonkers in the modified RX8s, EVO 8 MR and TVR Tuscan found out.
Seriously lads, if you're gonna get into track days, go spend some money on tuition. :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm thinking Civic .. EG or EK ... don't want the newer ones - can't afford them nor justify them for track slaginess either haha

Clio has too much Frenchness to go wrong... I don't know.

New brakes plus a new exhaust and we'll see how the PoS copes with Bedford !