ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snappy is a miracle worker! Awesome steering wheel content.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Can any of u guys give me a bit of advice in to how to get my steering wheel off and what tools ill need so i can eventually send it off to snappy

renault cliosport182
wow, this is what i need, looks great, and you get new thumb grips...... how do i get hold of him,... i want this done, a number would be best for me., im crap useing these lap top things

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
he has done a great job on that. definatley worth £120!! im in two minds abount getting mine done and selling my sparco wheel

MINI-R32-integrale
I liked my retrimmed Clio wheel so much, I got our Civic Type-R wheel done by Sparky through Arran about 18 months ago, & still perfect.

93062506.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really nice finish mate, be interested to know if he can do alcantara.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've got a few steering wheels for sale should either Snappy or anyone looking to get a refurb done not want their car out of action...

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
I liked my retrimmed Clio wheel so much, I got our Civic Type-R wheel done by Sparky through Arran about 18 months ago, & still perfect.

93062506.jpg

Just saw the first post and thought that was the dogs Boll***s, then thought what would a EP3 with red stitching would look like (After an EP3 this year) *click last page*.......*Explosion in lower part of body* That's awesome

mk1 leon cupra r
Hi Guys,
Would be interested in buying any spare wheels you got lying around,
And the type r wheel was done by me for aaron.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i cant recommend snappy enough!!! i had mine and my dads for his vee done by snappy and they are utterly amazing!!

his communication is second to none and he drove from manchester to portsmouth to deliver it to me so it would be there for xmas day!!!!

he is a really nice guy who i wouldnt hesistate to contact again if i need any more work done.

MINI-R32-integrale
Just saw the first post and thought that was the dogs Boll***s, then thought what would a EP3 with red stitching would look like (After an EP3 this year) *click last page*.......*Explosion in lower part of body* That's awesome

Thankyou, though credit where credit is due to Sparky as it is fantastic. An improvement both in looks & feel on the MOMO trimmed wheel our Premier Edition EP3 had.

The only pic I have on my phone of the Clio wheel.

f865901b.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I sent mine and Rob G's old wheels back to him and received the cheque back quick as you like. Great service from start to finish.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thankyou, though credit where credit is due to Sparky as it is fantastic. An improvement both in looks & feel on the MOMO trimmed wheel our Premier Edition EP3 had.

The only pic I have on my phone of the Clio wheel.

f865901b.jpg

Loving the dials and the yellow mate. Hard work?

Steering wheels look great guys. I can see the appeal.

MINI-R32-integrale
Loving the dials and the yellow mate. Hard work?

Steering wheels look great guys. I can see the appeal.

Thanks. Dial surrounds covered in real carbon with the alloy rings to provide contrast.

I cut the tacho dial off the original dials as all one piece and used as template to cut out the yellow tacho from a Lockwood set I bought. The black centre in it I cut with our own vinyl cutter but removed it as I wasn't 100% happy with it not having same matte finish as the other black bits.

I have a set of phase 1 grey dials which I'm toying in using the tacho from that, as its only Clio 1*2 dials with "RenaultSport" on them, but everyone seems to like the yellow even though it says Lockwood on them.

I think Clio 197's & Megane RS 250's have a yellow tacho's, but Clio 200's have grey/silver tacho.

Ph2 Flamer
Just to add to all the other comments really. Had a borked wheel i bought off ebay sent straight to Andy/Snappy. He called me when it arrived to check it was the right one and that he had the colour scheme right. Some text messages with pics of the work in progress over the next few days and then a message when the wheel was sent.

I picked it up from the post office this evening. Even more epic than I was expecting. Feels much nicer than the std wheel and the stitching is perfect, all the spacing is the same, everything about it is mint. Well worth the price and then some. If you've got dodgy thumb grips or melty wheel what other choice is there! (unless you want to do away with the bus sized wheel and go for a smaller wheel i guess).

Cheers Andy really can't praise the service or the product enough.

View attachment 91731View attachment 91732View attachment 91733View attachment 91735

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning work mate. I'd like to see it with the airbag fitted. Note sure how different it would look.

Stunning workmanship mate.

Ph2 Flamer
Will chuck some fitted pics up tomorrow if I get it in the car. From memory Jesus had exactly the same and the leather was a close match for the airbag.

has snappy changed his number or something, cant seem to get a reply from him, sent my wheel about a month and havent heard anything back of him, got a photo of the wheel stripped down but nothing since!!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
He replied to my text a few days ago within an hour. Surprised you've not had a response.

BG FF182
Had mine fitted today by Fred at BTM Perfomance.

Well chuffed with it, superb qualifty and feels so much nicer than the standard one.

DSC_0060.jpg

Passat
When he's done is the wheel slightly thicker than standard? I've always felt the regular wheel is too thin.