ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smokin zorst+erractic revs ideas

Hi there, wondering if you could help me please! Friday night, warms car up, didnt start 1st time, drove it a couple of miles, stoped the car for 5 mins then(shopping, lol) then started her up, again she didnt start 1st time. Tried to pull away from garage, i didnt put any petrol in, it was low but according to the comp it still had about 60miles left. she had no power, just crawled along, this is a 04 172 by the way, so reversed her back, again, just crawling, i noticed the revs were really low, like she wanted to stall, pressed the accelerator in neutral and revs went really high, this was happening for a couple of mins,low and then high, very erratic then she seemed to be ok. Next morning, she was smoking loads from the zorst, janspeed decat sports i think, grey smoke but lots of it and for a good 10 mins, sorry this is soooo long, but anyone got any ideas please? it is still under warranty so if i took her along to reno, would they charge me to take a look at her? thanks very much in advance.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

cant help with your question sorry, but renault have always took a look at my car free even when it wasnt under warranty so you will be fine there. also if theres a problem then theyll fix it under warranty.

im sure i read somewhere that 172s can be weird untill they are up to temperature, not sure how true that is though

Thanks for your replys lads, ive heard of the faulty temperature sensor going on them before, but would that also make it smoke loads from the exhaust, any other ideas would be much appreciated. Will take her in to the garage so they can have a look, thanks.

182cup/D40/Hornet

Temp sensor,telling the ecu engine is cold when hot putting more fuel=smoke........possibly

Lee

BMW M2C

In extreme circumstances it would produce a lot of smoke if the temperature sensor is screwed. Shorty after it will stop usually.

Mine has gone again this week. 2 in two months!!

Thanks for your replys, never had time to take her to garage today, but taking her tomorrow. How long was your exhaust smoking for Lee? Mine seemed to be smoking for over 10 minutes, i eventually got in the car and it was still smoking!

Hiya peeps, just an update. Took the car to renault newcastle. The mechanic was adamant that it was not the temp sensor, after checking with the computer, his reply was the 2 oxygen sensors, were disconnected to the exhaust. Basically putting more fuel through, i.e the excess smoking and something to do with the erratic revs, cant remember now. He said he wouldnt reconnect them, cos he would not know what would happen to the car, if i drove down the road and something went wrong, i wouldnt be covered as its a sports decat zorst. So, if i put the original exhaust back on and connected the two wires, does anyone know what could happen, if anything? Anyone got any views on this?