ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smelly Air-Con

PH2 172
I've got a little smell after I turn the Air Con off, like a mettalic smell.

I think it's just dirty or filled with bacteria/mould etc. Is there a particular product I can use to clean it?

BMW M135i
Don't know how good that one specifically is but I had it done by renault under warrenty on my old 1.6 and it stopped it smelling for a good few months. It did/will come back though, the moisture that forms on the evapourator when you turn the a/c off causes mould to grow hence the smell.

I've found that if you turn the a/c off a few minutes before you turn the car off and let the fan blow for a bit it'll dry it out and stop the smell. Still a pain though.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
my old car did this saab 9-3. defo mould. need to turn aircon off before you stop driving so the heat evaporates moisture in the system.

Megane 225
I got some comma cleaner from halfruads today! Just used it there now, so we'll c how it goes! 7 years of mould in a 172 couldn't be good for it!

PH2 172
Just noticed Halfords will do a recharge and clean for £50. Not sure about letting Halfords near the car, any other places offer a similar thing for the price? i.e. Recharge and clean?