ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slotting a 1.6 16v into an rt

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
is it possible to take one 1.6 16v from a mk2 and slot it into a mk 1 clio and is it worth it?

reason asking because some of the mk2 1.6 16 owners can post roughly an 8sec 0-60 or a 16 sec quarter mile and im sure it wont drink as much as 1.8 16v or 2 litre lump and insurance wont bend me over and grease me up

S2000
wouldn't advise it as the wiring etc would probably be a pig. Best bet IMO if you don't want a valver or willy engine would be to go for an RSi lump. IIRC they do 0-60 in about 8.3 secs and are supposed to be fairly torquey. Wiring will just be plug and play and you could re-use the gearbox, driveshafts etc from the 1.4

M2 Competition
buy another cup! lol, more seriously, id just buy a looked after valver mate.

You can sleep in your car, but you cant drive your house...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cant see anyone having done it before so seems like it could be a cool project, slight mods and it would be rapid, my 1.2 does 0-60 in 10 seconds with a video to prove and thats only with a modified airbox and panel filter!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
never thought of that^^^ but its an 8valve though wont have that power or torque higher up

Mazda MX5 1.8
it has been done. i remember seeing pics of it on the old sites gallery iirc

not sure who it was tho sorry

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
rex said:
buy another cup! lol, more seriously, id just buy a looked after valver mate.

You can sleep in your car, but you cant drive your house...

very true mate, but insurance is still a killer for me, so im thinking of a midway point or then again f**k the clios, ill just buy an xsi pug with a gti lump in it

alright mate, a valver is insurence group 12 so its not high at all. i have a valver engine for sale

D

dick

Martin_89 said:
cant see anyone having done it before so seems like it could be a cool project, slight mods and it would be rapid, my 1.2 does 0-60 in 10 seconds with a video to prove and thats only with a modified airbox and panel filter!

ur speedos out then.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
yeah the valver is a lower ins group but its my postcode and 1 accident to my name thats bumping prices up

al

ST on the way...
lawrence said:
is it possible to take one 1.6 16v from a mk2 and slot it into a mk 1 clio and is it worth it?

reason asking because some of the mk2 1.6 16 owners can post roughly an 8sec 0-60 or a 16 sec quarter mile and im sure it wont drink as much as 1.8 16v or 2 litre lump and insurance wont bend me over and grease me up

To be honest mate, it's a real s**t of an engine, very quick, plenty of torque (for the cc) but, it idles funny, has occasional "stally" moments, eats coil packs and throttle bodies.

Apart from that........DO IT!!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
lol above comment, when you mean idles funny, like lumpy or just fluctuates? stally as in feels like its going to cut out?

at the mo its a possibility, found the donor car but trying to source a decent low miler engine