ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight whistle?

Nothing at the mo :(
When i give my car the beans it sounds like there is a slight whistle after 3.5k

sounds like my induction kit on my saxo but i got a standard filter system on my 182 :S

Is this normal?

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Yer mate, don't know exactly what it is, but it's normal.

I think it sounds quite good.

Nothing at the mo :(
took it out today for a blast :)

Car doesnt seem to lack any power or anything *which is why i dontr think its a exhaust leak*

Sounds like a turbo or something lol. or a really sucky induction kit

Golf GTD Mk7
could be the wing mirrors? Or you're pads could be low? Never notice a whistle on mine at that rev range. There is the low rev range whistl (between 1.5-2.5k)?

Clio 172 CUP
Mine does exactly the same only after 5k revs, know what ya mean it really does sound like its turbo'd or summet. quite cool actually, mines really loud when chasin it on. Always wondered bout it thought it could be ma BMC or a leak on the centre section to back box joint but like you say mine doesn't seem down on power either. ???

Clio 182FF
This appears to be normal, my 182 also does it at around the same rev range. Also, you can hear it when you have the engine running standing outside the car.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
no its deff engine noise..

Mine does it too, i'd say its more like a whine from a quiet supercharger tho (lol).......from about 4, maybe 5k (I dont normally look at the rev gauge whilst driving lol) when on the power above 1/2 throttle.

However my wingmirrors whistle too......but thats a different noise and is easy to spot with the window down to where the noise is coming from!

182 cup
Mines exactly the same, whistle from mirror, and whistle from engine. thought i had a leak on exhaust mid section to begin with.

this forum post has removed the worry i had :)

just bought a 182 on friday and noticed the whistle under acceleration, but i'm not worried now (got full renault 2 year advanced warranty anyway), and i've noticed the wing mirror whistling now i've read about it haha - is there a fix for the mirror?

thanks for the post! :)