ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slick wax for a sliver car.

So thanks very much for the advice, Used AF Tripple and AF Illusion.

I think the results are very good, well im over the moon anyway. :D

20130621_201126_zps72a0bc44.jpg

20130621_201600_zps3cfc276c.jpg

20130621_201529_zps6c0ccfc5.jpg

Looks stunning chap. All by hand too?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I used my DA with a white hex pad and the Tripple, only needed to give it a very quick going over as the paint is pretty much spot on.

Then yeah the Illusion by hand, 2 panels at a time.

If i find time this weekend ill give it a wash again, and add the AF Tough Coat.

Cheers for the comment JD. :D

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't put toughcoat over the top of illusion.

if anything put another coat of illusion on. Use toughcoat as a base layer.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's more about the ingredients in Toughcoat will affect anything underneath it to create the bond. his happens with all waxes and sealants. I'm not sure how C2 manages to do this, but I wouldnt bother with it just yet until water behaviour or the finish starts to drop. You won't gain anything by adding it now.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have just treated the bonnet with C2V3 and the water behavior is amazing.

Great product, im impressed thanks Gally.
:D

20130629_202618_zpscdf9edfc.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Looks impressive, is it any better than illsuion and a wipe down with a QD after washing?

be curious to know if C2 will keep that high glossy wet look of the wax

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think a wipe down on any wax with C2 will still look immense Dave.

Glad you're impressed mate. I'm on my 3rd bottle and i'm the biggest critic of products.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I just can't understand how this product will still bond and perform outstandingly without affecting the sub-base.

it still performs for many months over a less than ideal base like waxes or tripple etc?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My C2 was over Tripple for 3 months before I sold the car. Looked to be beading and sheeting like day one.

The C2 will overtake the wax properties. Like topping Glasur with 476. The beading and sheeting will come from the 476.