ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slam Panel Stickers In Engine Bay

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Im looking to buy a 172 for my Mrs and have found a nice little example but have noticed in the advertising pictures that the stickers usually on the black moulding in front of the engine seem to be missing.

Is there any important information on these such as Vin no's or are they just oil and service schedule sort of stuff???

Just ringing alarm bells in my head about possible accident damage?? :S

just some renault warning sticker and an elf sticker IIRC..

nothing of importance.

is it a full UK model and NOT an import??

noticed on AJRMOTORSPORT's car pics he hasnt got any on his?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mines an import and has em on . Maybe they peeled off or even a replacement front , accident damage ??

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Big_Steve_T said:
Not sure as yet if it's a UK car or an import, is there any way i can figure that out or is renault the only people who can tell me???

Get the vin number and give Renault UK a ring , they'll tell ya if its UK or import .

Tel. 08000 723372

MrBillyUK !

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be a little sceptible if they've peeled off cuz im sure renault designed them not to????

Hmmm, im thinking accident damage now maybe because the price is pretty competitive!!!! ;)

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
The only one that is likely to peel off is the white one, (started to curl up on my 172 & 182) has a hand written date on so prob stuck on by one of the kosovan's in the factory. The others are stuck well good so sounds a little bit suspect. So just have a good look under the bonnet and make sure everything looks straight.

Dave

daveclio172 said:
The only one that is likely to peel off is the white one, (started to curl up on my 172 & 182) has a hand written date on so prob stuck on by one of the kosovan's in the factory. The others are stuck well good so sounds a little bit suspect. So just have a good look under the bonnet and make sure everything looks straight.

Dave

PDI test sticker thing thats signed

mines on my airbox and is starting to peel off.

slam panel stickers are well n truly stuck tho.

172 Cup
My white one has started to peel, others are fine and dandy. Where's the vin no. on the Clios?

Ph-Sold!
When I had the front of mine repaired the replacement black panel came without stickers. Defo get that checked out. There's a plate containing all sorts of info on a sticker inside the drivers door next to the catch.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
could somebody post a pic of a standard 182 with these stickers, as mine is in for repairs and this is being changed, and i shockingly i havent gotten any pictures of my engine!

thanks

106 GTi
3 stickers on the upper grille

IMG_5672.jpg

My mate had a delocked GT turbo that the battery kept dying on and he had to get in through the boot all the time, lol.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i'd say if it hasn't got them, by the looks of things there's a bloody good chance its been replaced following damage. (My import has them).

106 GTi
Loony said:
My mate had a delocked GT turbo that the battery kept dying on and he had to get in through the boot all the time, lol.

My mates Saph is currently the same as that!

lol, luckily my mate is a short assed skinny fucker so we used to lift him out rather than him trying to clamber over the rear seatback.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
doesn't mean anything Ali, mine's an import and has them. Are you sure your's hasn't been bumming other cars up the rear end?

r-jay do you mind if i send that photo to the garage thats fixing mine? just want to make sure that they will put some on the new grill. i assume thats part of the front grill?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
my RS still has all its stickers and it's nearly 6 years old.

i'd be a little wary of it.

Here's how they look on a Mk1 172...

8237747f.jpg

106 GTi
polarbert said:
r-jay do you mind if i send that photo to the garage thats fixing mine? just want to make sure that they will put some on the new grill. i assume thats part of the front grill?

No Probs, I can get the origionals in a bigger size if needed.

R35 GTR
I got my front grill sprayed, and it doesnt have stickers on, this will probably look dodgy when i sell it, but I have saved the stickers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Leeshez said:
My white sticker has gone missing but the black ones are still there.

IIRC, think mine is the same actually, I don't recall seeing the white one on my import, definately got all the black ones though. Gonna check.

what does the white sticker have on it? As I saw on a crappy pic of mine I had that it had one on it