ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky installation charge

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
What a rip off. I phoned today to order HD. As I am an existing customer I have to pay £30 installation for them to do a 5 min job. New customers get install free. w*****s! It's like sod our customers we have your money, but they dangle a carrot for new customers. So I told them stuff the HD and I will be putting a letter in the post to cancel my subscription.
Rant over :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I'd thought exactly the same thing, assuming they'd just come, unplug the old box, plug the new one in and leave

however... in reality, having recently gone from Sky+ to Sky HD myself...

the installer fitted me a new dish & new quad LNB, aligned it to get the strongest signal, then swapped boxes over, set the new one up and gave me a quick run through

I didn't mind paying the £30 for this

none, just walk
Im a existing sky customer, ive got sky plus and all the channels. I wanted hd so i phoned and asked to be put straight through to the cancellations dept. Once there i just said ive been given a offer from virgin media hd, and i dont want to leave sky but didnt want to pay the £50 for a box, £30 to install it and then pay £10 p/m for hd aswell. I stood my ground and i got sky hd installed, a hd box for a one off payment of £15?!

If you speak the sales dept they cant do anything on the price, its the cancellations/retentions dpt who gives you the discounts, funny thing is i cant even get virgin in my area haha

Good luck

Clio 200 Raider
if you have sky plus already then going to hd the £30-£60 charge is a rip off as you only have to swap boxes as you already have the correct lnb.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Just phoned. Got the £30 install fee waived when i told them i want to cancel. HD being installed tuesday morning :D Im sooo happy.